PDA

View Full Version : X-rays-Any opinions?

HoldingoutforHope
29-06-17, 03:06
Okay so this is a post about Xrays. I had some xrays done because of my new chiropractor wanting to see how my curved spine works and how he can help with adjustments. It's rather creepy seeing your own skeleton on the big screen, but i saw my neck, my ribs, my spine, and my hips. And of course lo and behold I saw these dark patches that he said were gas bubbles. I even had a heart shaped one! Naturally I grew concerned about the dark patches on my hips and my HA is telling me there is something there even though my chiropractor's statement told me when I signed it that he is legally obligated to tell me if he sees any anamolies. Well he didn't say anything or wasn't concerned about anything.

So how do other people feel about xrays on this forum? Do they give you the heeby jeebies too? :ohmy:

Kay8010
29-06-17, 14:27
Okay so this is a post about Xrays. I had some xrays done because of my new chiropractor wanting to see how my curved spine works and how he can help with adjustments. It's rather creepy seeing your own skeleton on the big screen, but i saw my neck, my ribs, my spine, and my hips. And of course lo and behold I saw these dark patches that he said were gas bubbles. I even had a heart shaped one! Naturally I grew concerned about the dark patches on my hips and my HA is telling me there is something there even though my chiropractor's statement told me when I signed it that he is legally obligated to tell me if he sees any anamolies. Well he didn't say anything or wasn't concerned about anything.

So how do other people feel about xrays on this forum? Do they give you the heeby jeebies too? :ohmy:

OMG yes they do for me, I have had a few in my life and in March this year had another chest xray and still convinced they are missing something.....

axolotl
29-06-17, 14:37
I even had a heart shaped one! Naturally I grew concerned about the dark patches on my hips and my HA is telling me there is something there even though my chiropractor's statement told me when I signed it that he is legally obligated to tell me if he sees any anamolies.

Two of the more irrational characteristics of HA...

1. Medical professionals can't recognise something obviously wrong when they see it.

2. Medical professionals for some bizarre reason want to hide dangerous things from patients that they see.

HoldingoutforHope
29-06-17, 19:40
Oh highly irrational indeed. I know he would have told me differently even though he's a chiropractor and not a GP. :wacko:

HoldingoutforHope
30-06-17, 02:34
I know I shouldn't be concerned but some part of me is saying the he isn't trained to spot things like shadows or such but he operates an xray machine so he has to have training to spot differences.

ScaredLizard
30-06-17, 02:52
Back x-rays do look weird yes it was gas. See even in the hips

http://i67.tinypic.com/244bcdh.png