PDA

View Full Version : Still have heart worries

Worrygirl32
29-06-17, 06:35
So I have been very active this past month posting with everything that has been going on. So far I know my echo didn't have any significant concerns. Idk why I still get worried whenever I feel like my heart skips a beat. Now that I know my heart is structurally normal I should be at peace. But for some reason I don't feel very calm. I'm in bed laying down and I felt a couple skipped beats. I haven't gotten the results of my holter yet. So That is of course in the back of mind. Any positive words? I know this is anxiety. I just need to get out of my own head and stop worrying so much.

Goblin88
29-06-17, 18:26
Since skipped beats are usually benign absent any heart defects/diseases, so you should feel comfort in your echo results. Your heart isn’t damaged or diseased in any way, so the palpitations are not coming from any disease. i know people who have felt skipped beats that feel like a light punch in the chest, but they’re completely healthy.

A lot of people who deal with symptoms from anxiety think that when they get tested and get an all clear, that’s the end of the fear. But it takes a bit of training, your mind and body are used to the reaction of fear every time you feel a skip, so you need to break free from that. Think of it as a habit. You feel the skipped beat, the skipped beat scares you and stays on your mind, creating anxiety which creates skipped beats and more anxiety. Something that helped me was to think of something else whenever I felt them, it was super hard at first, but that’s the training. Eventually you train yourself not to fear the feeling they create and if they’re felt, it’s like you don’t even notice them. It’s super hard, but it’s something that I found works, so I thought I’d share it with you.

Rest easy in that your echo was clear, tell yourself “my heart is healthy and these beats are just stress. I’ve felt them x amount of times and I’m still here!”

bin tenn
29-06-17, 20:44
Since skipped beats are usually benign absent any heart defects/diseases, so you should feel comfort in your echo results. Your heart isn’t damaged or diseased in any way, so the palpitations are not coming from any disease. i know people who have felt skipped beats that feel like a light punch in the chest, but they’re completely healthy.

A lot of people who deal with symptoms from anxiety think that when they get tested and get an all clear, that’s the end of the fear. But it takes a bit of training, your mind and body are used to the reaction of fear every time you feel a skip, so you need to break free from that. Think of it as a habit. You feel the skipped beat, the skipped beat scares you and stays on your mind, creating anxiety which creates skipped beats and more anxiety. Something that helped me was to think of something else whenever I felt them, it was super hard at first, but that’s the training. Eventually you train yourself not to fear the feeling they create and if they’re felt, it’s like you don’t even notice them. It’s super hard, but it’s something that I found works, so I thought I’d share it with you.

Rest easy in that your echo was clear, tell yourself “my heart is healthy and these beats are just stress. I’ve felt them x amount of times and I’m still here!”

I've never heard it explained as a "punch in the chest" before, but that's basically how palpitations feel for me sometimes. Great way to put it into words. Haha. To echo Goblin's point. I have had fairly extensive heart tests, all is normal, but I get palpitations fairly often. Including the "punch in the chest" kind. No worries, it happens. :)

ScaredLizard
29-06-17, 21:11
I do suffer from heart issues and let me tell you? Of the stuff I suffer? Skipped beats is NOTHING to worry about. Usually what happens is it's a premature beat of one ventricle of your heart. So you feel a flutter or a punch feeling. EVERYONE has skipped beats some people just don't pay attention to them.

Some folks have them hundreds of times a day. I get them about 20 times a day. If I'm anxious I get them even more. It sucks but it's 100% normal and common

Worrygirl32
30-06-17, 04:34
Thanks for the reassurance you guys. Little by little Day by Day I'm getting better. I'm just trying to let the feelings pass instead of trying to fight them. My only hope is that one day I can know what it feels like to not have feel my heat palpitations again.