PDA

View Full Version : Multiple sclerosis or something worse

Acedia
29-06-17, 16:22
Hello,

I've been to the hospital today with numb-ish hand, cold and painful arm and tingles in said arm and feet. I got infusion with Magnesium, some painkiller and muscle relaxant. It helped for a while but now I've been reading a bit and it could be MS. As soon as I begun to think about how my life could change and worry about it, my arm worsened a lot now.

Also, the doc said if it gets worse i will have to undergo lumbal punction and be hospitalised because of it.

I am dead scared of the punction as it can go very wrong and I am also scared its something serious.

I have tingles / cold feet and hands quite often and the numbness is sometimes present as well, especially left hand. I am also tired quite often, have mild depression (from ptsd i think), don't eat the best diet, i pee a lot and that's all I think that could be connected to MS.

Thoughts? :weep:

axolotl
29-06-17, 16:32
Sorry to hear they're possibly going for a lumbar puncture, but it is purely something to see if anything's going on, albeit not the most pleasant of tests. And it's very unlikely anything would go wrong with it, it's a pretty routine thing, so put that out of your head.

BUT! That's a "if it gets worse" that you'd need one. IF. IF. No reason to presume it will. Tingles are a very common anxiety symptom. I had a terrible bout of them, and got into a huge MS fear spiral, but I was just put down to anxiety and a mild B12 deficiency in the end. In fact it sounds like your tingles are roaming to different body parts, which points away from any "real" nerve issue like MS.

And, yes it's hard, but stop Googling.

Acedia
29-06-17, 16:36
It is usually left side of my body. And I still have decreased feeling in my left hand now when i test with some foreign object. That scared me the most, that I actually don't feel as much as I do with my right hand.

Thanks for the reply :)