PDA

View Full Version : Is this a medical concern or just asymmetry?

JxSxNG
30-06-17, 00:28
This is a pretty stupid question but I'm freaked out. In the back of my mouth near my tonsils, the skin on the left is more swollen than the skin on the right. It's not a significant difference but there is definitely a difference there. Also on the right side of the roof of my mouth there's this weird indent that isn't on the left. It's pretty close to my tonsils but still on the hard bony part. It's a straight line, kind of like a cut on the roof of my mouth that never healed. I don't know exactly how long it's been there but I first noticed it months ago. Are either of these things a cause for actual concern or is this just normal asymmetry? I have a doctors appointment on the 18th so I was thinking about asking her but I don't want to be freaked out about this for close to 3 weeks lol.

Fishmanpa
30-06-17, 00:43
What stands out to me with your post is that you're not describing an actual physical symptom that prompted you to examine the interior of your mouth that amount of detail. I say this because we're asymmetrical by nature and everyone has asymmetric differences. You've had to grab a flashlight/torch, stand at the mirror and spend in inordinate amount of time noting these differences. It's a common self examination behavior coupled with the dragon's need to worry about nothing.

You're seeing your doctor soon and I'll have a "Told ya so" all ready ;)

Positive thoughts

Giglover19
01-07-17, 09:37
Morning!
A couple of years ago I had a couple of fillings and as I was looking at my mouth in the mirror I noticed that my left side was bigger than the right. Like you I also freaked out about it and went to the doctor! I went to the hospital and they felt around my neck and asked about other symptoms. They said the same that I've just never inspected my mouth as much as I did that day so noticed things I wouldn't normally notice purely because I was trying to look after my teeth better!

Let us know how it goes [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk