PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is becoming to much

XO1
30-06-17, 00:40
I have always had social anxiety and GAD but lately it's just got worse, back in October I had a really bad panic attack that lasted 4 days, I was eating dinner in my usual spot at the dinner table which is at the back against a wall but because I've been having stomach problems with my IBS I needed to use the toilet but because of where I was sitting I couldn't just get up and walk away I had to ask to get past and my mind went into a panic my heart started beating fast I managed to get away and went upstairs and calmed down and I thought nothing of it, then the next day I was feeling a little funny and my sister asked me if I wanted to go with her to Asda so I thought why not I might feel better but on the way there I started to feel very funny my heart was beating my hands where sweaty my vision was blurry and I just felt weak so I asked her to drop me off and soon as my dad asnswred the door I said I feel really panicky that's when I had a panic attack and I'm not joking when I say it lasted around 4 days full on , my heart was beating my head felt fuzzy my hands were sweating my chest felt tight and my vision was tunnelled I felt like I was going to pass out and die, since that day I am always thinking about it happening again because it scared me so much thankfully I went to my doctors and went for CBT training and have gotten better but every now and then I do feel anxious but I feel like I can control it more , so basically the reason why I'm posing this now is because I'm due to go away in 2 days for a week only 4 hours away but still, I'm feeling very anxious about it I'm scared I'm Gunna have a panic attack and not be able to come back to my 'safe place' because I'm 4 hours away from it, in also nervous about the journey down there because I have IBS I have a fear of not being near a toilet easily, and because every day at home somedays are better than others and if I don't want to go anywhere I don't have to but I feel like on holiday I'm going to have to just be 'okay' every day because every day we will be doing something. So basically I'm very anxious about going on holiday and being away from home . Sorry for the long post .

Juggar
30-06-17, 08:15
I feel for you , I really do. I've been close to the point that it feels like it's "too much". In turn, this propagates the anxiety and of course causes more and creates a self fulfilling vicious cycle.

It creates this life of living in fear of the next "threat" to your wellbeing. I had similar concerns about panic attacks when driving 6 hours away from home. But I got through it OK and you will be as well.

If you've made it this far, you will come out if this thing stronger than ever before.

XO1
30-06-17, 14:00
Thank you it feels good being able to know that you got through a. 6 hour drive and I'm sure I will too it's just the fear of the unknown but I'm with my family so I'm sure I'll be fine