PDA

View Full Version : So, my digestive system is a mess, remedies?

lofwyr
30-06-17, 21:17
I am writing it off to food, change in diet, and general anxiety, which I cannot seem to shake.

First, I am trying to lose the last ten pounds I have been carrying since I was 40, and am 46 now. As a result, I have dramatically increased the amount of veggies I was eating, cooked and raw. I have become a one man wind farm. It is awful. It is so bad, it is almost worth going to a worse diet again.

Add to that an anxious stomach, probably IBS though not diagnosed, and generally active flora in my intestinal tract anyway.

Not to add TMI, but regular enough, but fluctuate between healthy BMs and more irregular.

Anyway, long story short, no shortage of people in my boat here, I know, and was wondering what, if any remedies you had for an anxious gut/stomach etc. I have a doctors appt regarding a heart issue, and will drop some questions to him too, but I have tried gas x, beano etc. Nothing touches it. There are some days where everything is fine, but others where it like all hell breaks loose.

Would love to hear from folks here, because I don't want to google and end up down the colon cancer highway again.

Melonpony
30-06-17, 21:51
Similar situation, and I notice when I increase raw veggies (salads mostly), my undiagnosed IBS is horrific.

I have noticed that cutting carbs has helped cut down on bloating, and helped me lose some weight. So, basically what I've done to manage the situation is cut back on raw veggies AND carbs. This has helped a lot. I'm not saying I'm cured, but the gas and painful bloating has been dramatically reduced.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk