PDA

View Full Version : Coccyx + Constipation? Cancer!

waveparticle2012
30-06-17, 22:50
Hey guys,

I've been really concerned for the last week regarding my coccyx. I suffer from health anxiety and I'm always worrying something is wrong.

I went to the doctors about a month ago concerning my GERD and he was concerned because I had lost a stone in just 2 months. I also had exams and a UTI that caused a lack of eating... I ALSO gave up fizzy drinks since Christmas and could have up to 3-4 a day.

He sent me to the gastro who chatted with me and didn't feel it necessary to investigate further. He cleared me fine and was really accepting of my anxiety.

Now I have problems with my coccyx and constipation. I gave up nicotine/smoking about 3 weeks ago and since then I've been more constipated than usual... for the last week and a half/two weeks I've had a feeling as if my anal muscles are very tight but also accompanied coccyx pain. I was concerned it could be prostatitis and I ALSO had a little external hemherroid... he confirm the hemherroid and also felt my prostate and said all felt fine and healthy.

I'm just really concerned that this coccyx pain could be some form of rectal cancer or colon cancer that accompany the change in my bowel habits... I'm really terrified and scared and would like some opinions.

Thanks a lot guys, much love.

waveparticle2012
01-07-17, 18:59
Nobody? :scared15:

scaredsick
08-07-17, 19:26
Hey there

I feel your pain, I too am going through the mill with constipation and tailbone pain/ache. I can feel an external pile and the ache seems to be worse when I need to go and in the build up to it and I get some relief when I eventually pass a motion. Also paracetamol eases the ache.

I think I make it worse as I tense, to see if the ache is there sometimes it is sometimes it's not

I've had this for around 6-8 weeks on and off, seems worse if I've been sitting for a long time

I'm sure it's just IBS, I drink too mush coffee, eat too much chocolate and don't drink enough water

I need to make a concerted effort to drink exclusively water to help with the constipation and.maybe clear my system a bit I'm just addicted to bad stuff, Coke Zero etc

My own worst enemy! Stay strong your not alone 😊

eros38
09-07-17, 05:05
Smoking is well known to make you poo more, especially if you drink coffee or even tea with it. Constipation is a common side effect of stopping smoking.

Do you sit a lot at a PC? That can cause coccyx pain and strain.

prue1956
10-07-17, 21:20
I stopped smoking 4 weeks ago and have ibs -c and since then my constipation has got so bad,apparently nicotine acts like a laxative and when you stop your intestinal transit slows down,my doctor gave me senna tablets and to add more fibre....