PDA

View Full Version : Bulkier/darker vein in ear near piercing

Alpha
30-06-17, 23:38
Ughhh I really didn't wanna post about it as it's probably silly but its starting to freak me out :unsure: :weep:

I got some ear cartilage piercings done professionaly back in november and they are taking foreverrr to heal, I'm always getting bumps near them but oh well last month, around the middle of may I noticed that near one of them, right on top of my ear one vein as become darker/more noticeable and bulkier. I didn't think much about it but then I read that blue veins around a piercing could be a sign of infection. This is one SINGLE vein and it's not small or exactly coming from the piercing, it's just near it, and I have no other signs of infection (sometimes I get the bumps but they come and go and the vein stays). It has been there for more than a month now and I don't have any other symptoms, no pain or warm feeling (just redness but I guess that's from the healing piercing?) so.. Should I really be worried? I already showed it to my piercer and she didn't care much about it because the piercing looked perfect and healing but I find it really weird that the vein turned darker like that... :(

Worrygirl32
01-07-17, 04:28
So first things first, we are now in July. I read that you got the piercing in November.. infections give off multiple symptoms; inflammation, redness, warm to touch, swelling... i am sure that at this point you would also be experiencing a fever. I don't believe you have an infection and I'm sure you know you don't either. As far as the "vein" don't give it too much concern especially if everything else looks great!