PDA

View Full Version : Going backwards

sdoxo
01-07-17, 02:49
For the past week or so I thought I was doing better. Today is day 5 for me not smoking, and I think its making my HA fire back up :(

The first couple days of quitting were okay but now I just feel super anxious and kinda down. All of problems that I put on the back burner are creeping back up.

My head is being super irrational tonight. Idk if this feeling goes hand in hand with quitting?

I know everyone is different, but I'd like to know if anyone elses anxiety got worse after quitting?

Jackrabbit
01-07-17, 03:01
Super normal for quitting smoking. Even if you didn't have anxiety issues before, this is something that almost always happens with smokers. Anxiety and depression probably makes about half of the withdrawal symptoms...with the physical ones being the other half (shortness of breath, cold sweats, trembling). I use to smoke myself and many of my friends are smokers so I know this firsthand. Its just something you have to go through. Perhaps try nicotine gum. Just remember that you are doing your body a whoooole lot of good by quitting. So once you get over this hump you can most likely expect your anxiety to get a lot better.

Fishmanpa
01-07-17, 03:08
Congrats on quitting! You've done yourself a HUGE favor! It's normal to feel what you're feeling. Just hang in there. You're doing great!

Check this out. (http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Benefits_Time_Table.html)It will encourage you to keep going.

Positive thoughts

sdoxo
01-07-17, 03:11
I had anxiety before I decided to quit. My HA is actually what motivated me to quit. And I'm only 26 so I figured the sooner the better lol

So far I haven't had any physical sypmtoms and hopefully it stays that way! Fingers crossed that the mental symptoms go away soon..

Thanks for the reply!

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

Congrats on quitting! You've done yourself a HUGE favor! It's normal to feel what you're feeling. Just hang in there. You're doing great!

Check this out. (http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Benefits_Time_Table.html)It will encourage you to keep going.

Positive thoughts

Thank you Fish! It's definitely a struggle but the benefits are worth whatever I have to deal with now lol

Thank you for the link and encouragement :)