PDA

View Full Version : Having health anxiety is making more nervous

unsure_about_this
01-07-17, 16:03
I'm am back to where I was in 2012 and 2013 fixed of my bowel cancer fear, with keep checking my poop in bowl, I know I should be like a cat, even though cats cant flush their poop, flush without looking. I was worried about my dark brown poo and the shape earlier this week. I had the camera up my backside in 2013 and no polyps were found during the sigmoidoscopy had there would been a colonscopy would have been ordered, no family history of bowel cancer, the only family history we has the type my Dads mother had but she smoked, and my Nan had a benign skin cancer lump but she died after an operation from something else and mainly down to her age of mid 90s, This year I have thought I had brain tumours, leukemia, bone, testicle, bladder, kidney and a few others which I have not mention.

---------- Post added at 16:03 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

The problem I have I sometimes I cannot see sense, I worry that every symptom, sign I get or change is cancer, I sometimes blame me Googling or reading those scare articles in paper,

Giglover19
01-07-17, 16:20
I also google symptoms and it's not helpful at all and I always regret doing it. Like you I am also obsessed with checking my stools. Still trying to find a way to calm my anxiety and panic attacks, having heart palpitations at the moment and a strange butterfly feeling in my chest purely because I've got a doctors appointment on Wednesday and I'm terrified!
Remember you are not alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phuzella
01-07-17, 16:31
The only answer is to stop googling and checking the toilet. Difficult I know :(

unsure_about_this
01-07-17, 20:49
Thanks for the comment.

I have tried CBT and reading the document on NHS about the numbers of checking and seeking reassurance.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

Also I get brown poop streaks sometimes, which I fear is blood, but not get any blood whilst wiping, I think when there talk about black stools like tar and bleeding I need to worry about, I cannot see sense about my stools colours of different shades of brown or other colours is down to what I eat, I jump to the worst like I think anal as well as bowel cancer,

unsure_about_this
02-07-17, 22:08
I am foreveer checking every time I got the toilet, worried about the brown streaks at the bottom of the bowl, I am not getting brown or red blood on the toilet paper, I am scared I have bowel cancer/anal cancer even though I was checked out with camera up my bottom 4 years ago, I am in my mid 30s, so had the camera up my backside at 29. I dont have bad abomonial pain, and I sometimes I think I want to go for a poop to get it out my system,

I am trying not to look, like people keep saying flush, wipe dont think, I thought you meant to check your poop and wee.

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Also I got a habit of looking at the toilet paper when I wipe before putting it down the toilet bowl, checking for blood and colour, also I think sometimes I wipe a bit to hard to made myself sore, so was checking for blood after I wiped. I am panicing still whether I have bowel cancer/anal cancer still, even though I was checked four years ago, I making myself feel tired so I think I lost blood, but I would know if I had something serious wrong with me 99% of the time

TattooArtist
03-07-17, 02:04
You need to train your brain to equate brown stool with feelings of well-being... This makes the most sense since we both know you're going to keep looking at it. When we become parents, we get a crash course in poop. There are only 3 colors that worry doctors... White (like chalk), red (containing visible blood in the stool itself, not the bit on the paper from wiping to hard), and black (old, tarry blood from higher up the digestive tract). Any other shade is normal, and brown is the gold standard ideal color. So celebrate brown poop, always! The shape doesn't matter as long as pooping is comfortable... If it's too hard add fiber and water. Otherwise, all is well. The rest of the worry is 100% anxiety. You've even had a camera up the butt... Many people go a lifetime without needing to reassure themselves of the looks of the inside of their organs!