PDA

View Full Version : Tiny red dots on arms?

Louna
01-07-17, 15:51
So i have these tiny "pin prick" red dots on my arms, quite a few of them!
Does anyone else have these or know what they are?

Edit: looking at older photos of one of my current tattoos - theres a dot next to it. So i have had them since at least last year!

Here are the pictures taken today, i have circled the dots! :

http://tinypic.com/r/152owm8/9
http://tinypic.com/r/24nl2fo/9

A few things to bare in mind -

1 ] i am EXTREMELY pale. Like casper the ghost type of pale.
2 ] SOME of the dots don't disappear when pressing down on them, they just stay the same

But SOME of the dots get a little faint when pressing down on them, but then look the same as before. Almost as if it is blood
3] i have no known health issues

Went to my doctor i asked what they were she said "nothing" ??? She pressed down on them and saw some of them disappear and still said it was nothing

I asked if it was safe to tattoo over them (because im getting a memorial tattoo done of my horse that passed on my arm) she made the point that doesnt agree with tattoos and kind of shrugged it off And said "i guess". Like its made me so much more anxious now.

It was like she had no confidence in what she was saying or didn't want to give me a definitive answer because she doesn't agree with tattoos. Her exact words were "i think their the devils work" - FYI; i don't care, lady!

Now the issue is, to get to my doctor is £40 there and back in a taxi. I live in the middle of nowhere with no transport and no public trasnport. So its very difficult to go to the doctors as it is, let alone for a second opinion.

I am going to go in the next 2 weeks for a second opinion as my tattoo isn't until the 21st of july

Giglover19
01-07-17, 16:18
I would ask the tattooist, I have quite a lot of moles and my tattooist was very helpful when I asked her about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louna
01-07-17, 16:34
I just asked a tattooist friend of mine and he said he didn't know what they are :( i'm scared to ask my actual tattooist incase they end up refusing to tattoo me because of it!

Fishmanpa
01-07-17, 16:44
Went to my doctor i asked what they were she said "nothing" ??? She pressed down on them and saw some of them disappear and still said it was nothing

Your doctor, despite personal feelings about body ink, doesn't see anything of concern. So... pay for more reassurance or take her at her word and expertise. No one here can tell you otherwise.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

Louna
01-07-17, 16:56
I just wanna know if anyone else has these spots and / or have had them tattooed over, thats all :)

I looked at an older photo of one of my tattoo - theres a dot right next to it. I took that photo last november so ive had the dots since then

Just wanna know what they are lol

nervousnelly52
01-07-17, 20:40
I have them

My doctor says they are petechiae.

I also have a naturally low platelet count.

cattia
01-07-17, 21:58
I have them and when I first noticed them I freaked right out really badly. That was about three or four years ago and they have not changed in that time. I also have had a lot of blood tests over that time and none of them has ever showed anything. My doctor said that they're just 'one of those things'. I also found out that my mum has them on her arms too.

AussieWorrier
01-07-17, 22:48
Cherry angiomas... I have many of them

Louna
16-07-17, 17:33
So i went to another doctor...
He said my dots are perfectly fine. The ones that fade are cherry agniomas but the others, he said, are part of my complexion as i'm so so pale & that everyone has things like that

Also spoke to 2 tattooists who both said they have inked over spots like mine many times eith no issues

Sooo i'm gonna be getting my tattoo friday like i planned, no longer anxious about it and am so super excited to get my memorial tattoo done!:)

NervUs
16-07-17, 18:50
I have a ton of tiny red pin prick dots. They are cherry angiomas.

Lola-Lee
17-07-17, 06:25
I have the same and I have had both arms tattooed,no problem.:D.