PDA

View Full Version : Food poisoning

Booklover2
02-07-17, 02:52
I grilled hot dogs last night and I left them out overnight. I had two this morning and I'm very nervous. I'm scared that I could get listera!! I'm so so so nervous!! Am I ok?

nervousnelly52
02-07-17, 02:57
Just wait and see? There's really nothing you can do now. Most likely it will be nothing.

NancyW
02-07-17, 05:11
Booklover, I hope you're feeling ok. Not much you can do now but wait it out.

Curious though, why did you eat them?

We've got to stop and think first, hey these were out all night, might not be a good idea to eat them? It's not worth the risk and you can avoid this worry in the future.

Booklover2
02-07-17, 14:08
I had no idea that food sitting out all night would be bad. I thought if it was cooked it was fine. And it was covered with plastic wrap so I thought I was ok then I looked it up and I'm convinced I'm going to die if listera and I'm so scared!! I really had no idea!

NancyW
02-07-17, 14:28
Did a little reading on listeria.. cooking temp of at least 149 kills it, these hot dogs were cooked, right?

So ... "if" they had listeria bacteria (which is unlikely) it would have been killed by cooking.

However, other stuff can happen when foods are left out too long.

If your stomach didn't reject it by now, I think you're ok.

Good rule to remember, keep hot foods - hot. Cold foods - cold. When in doubt - don't!

Bigboyuk
02-07-17, 14:55
Hey you wlll be fine ,will add though once cooked let them cool right down, then store them in the fridge in a air tight container then eat the very next day. Use you nose it's usually a good indicator if it doesn't smell right bin it! Yes you will be fine :) and cooking them properly and at the right temp will kill anything if there is anything to kill. Cheers

Fishmanpa
02-07-17, 15:17
Well you're still here and haven't posted with food poisoning symptoms, I would say you dodged a bullet... or a hot dog for that matter ;)

Positive thoughts

Booklover2
02-07-17, 15:55
It's been 24 hours and I'm perfectly fine so far. I will defiantly never do this again!! I hope I don't get ecoli or something though...

ScaredLizard
02-07-17, 17:03
It's been 24 hours and I'm perfectly fine so far. I will defiantly never do this again!! I hope I don't get ecoli or something though...

If it's been 24 hours you'd be showing signs. I think you are safe!! I grew up eating pizza left out overnight! LOL

ServerError
02-07-17, 17:50
I re-heat food all the time. I'm still here. I'm not saying be as blasé about it as I am, but here we are.

MyNameIsTerry
02-07-17, 18:04
If it's been 24 hours you'd be showing signs. I think you are safe!! I grew up eating pizza left out overnight! LOL

Pizza marinated down the sofa...A staple of the modern diet! :yesyes:

Booklover2
03-07-17, 04:26
Thank you for all the positive replies!! I'm still very very scared that I will get E. Coli . Is that a possibility?

MyNameIsTerry
03-07-17, 04:28
I think you would know by now. You wouldn't be having a good day!

ShaunRyder
03-07-17, 04:30
Hey how are you feeling now?

Tbh I think you will be fine, I have eaten hot dogs that have been left out before and other types of food, I know I shouldn't but hey I am a greedy! :whistles:

Fishmanpa
03-07-17, 05:49
I grew up eating pizza left out overnight! LOL

In my college days we would wake up in the morning a little rough from the night before, crack a cold one and have a slice of cold leftover (and left out on the table) pizza... We called it "Breakfast of Champions" ;)

Positive thoughts

nervousnelly52
03-07-17, 06:12
Thank you for all the positive replies!! I'm still very very scared that I will get E. Coli . Is that a possibility?

I just got e coli. It wasn't even that bad. I just pooped blood for a day and then it went away. :noangel:

ScaredLizard
03-07-17, 23:11
In my college days we would wake up in the morning a little rough from the night before, crack a cold one and have a slice of cold leftover (and left out on the table) pizza... We called it "Breakfast of Champions" ;)

Positive thoughts

LOL yes! I've had many many nights of cold pizza!

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

You'd have symptoms by now. You are safe