PDA

View Full Version : please help feel like im going insane

Lucia_1989
02-07-17, 12:28
Can someone please help me I cant seem to shake this fear that im going insane and am going to end up in a mental institution. I feel really disconnected from reality and anxious and depressed im so frightened im losing my mind. Im hardly sleeping eating or functioning im so scared im losing my sanity can someone please help me.

Ryzinn
02-07-17, 17:04
Get off your computer right now, go outside, and go for a run or walk. Do something with exercise in mind and see if that helps burn off some of the adrenaline you're probably feeling.

It sounds to me as if you are in full blown panic, you have to find some way to calm yourself down a bit here. Not sleeping or eating is more than likely making what you're feeling that much worse. Please recognize this. I've had similar feelings after not eating and sleeping for days on end and doing these things only makes things that much worse.

I know it's hard to do, I know you feel like you're stuck, but you gotta do your best to calm down and rest.

Aejh91
02-07-17, 18:25
I promise you, you are not going insane. My anxiety made me feel like this - I was convinced I was going mad and that I needed to go into a mental hospital.
Mental people do not know they are mental. They have no sense of reality and think they are normal! That is what distinguishes them from 'normal reality'. The fact you think you are insane, just goes to show that you arent.
You are in a panic at the moment. Stop fighting it and go with it and it will pass - thw more you try and fight it the more worried you get and the more it takes hold! Xx

Phuzella
02-07-17, 19:56
Totally agree about the exercise :)

Lucia_1989
10-07-17, 11:37
Thank you all for the replies. I have always suffered anxiety/depression off and on. I was doing ok while I was pregnant but since giving birth to my second child in january I feel I have hit rock bottom again. I had to have a emergency c section and think it sent me into shock or something as felt completely disconnected from the whole experience like I wasnt even present and I have felt like that since and my daughter is now 6 months I feel so guilty for feeling like this. Feel like the past 6 months havnt really happened like im walking around in some sort of dreamworld while lifes just passing me by. Doc says its postpartum depression but I honestly cant shake the fear its something more than that my memories are all going round and round in my head and nothing makes sense. As far as I know I havnt experienced any delusions or hallucinations but I read up on postpartum phycosis and schizophrenia and convinced mmyself that I have it. Its such a awful feeling I feel so empty like my life feels meaningless. Getting thoughs like am I real? Is this really happening or is it all just in my head its really dragging me down