PDA

View Full Version : Arm cold day after blood test

Acedia
02-07-17, 15:57
Hello,

it's been 4 days since I have had my blood drawn from left hand. That day it was fairly okay. But at night my arm got super cold above the elbow and started hurting. I decided to go to the hospital the next day and told them I had my blood drawn and now i am having these symptoms: cold (to the touch as well), tingling, numbness and pains. They admitted me to the neurology department where they said it is unlikely connected to it. But I can't stop wondering if it's not blood clot? I have no bruising.

This night i had to go to E/R because i thought i was having an heart attack. My pressure was a bit higher while I usually have a bit lower. They measured in the affected arm. I got an infusion to the affected arm and the infusion didnt drip when i bent my elbow just a little. But I guess that's normal? Also, it didn't hurt until they "started" the infusion dripping, then my arm was sore. I mentioned that and they said it's weird but oh well.

However, this all adds to my fear of some blood clot in my vein that no doctor even bothered to check up directly, even if I said i did have a blood test done the day before and it started after that. It's Sunday now so I can't go to my GP and I don't want to go to the emergency room again as I've literally been there this night. I didn't mention the blood test at the hospital this night because I was having a panic attack and barely thought clear.

Please, is there anyone who has had similar issues or someone that can share his/hers thoughts?