PDA

View Full Version : Ingrown Toenail?

aangel
02-07-17, 19:38
On my big toe, there's this tiny red blister that's at the bottom left corner of my nail near the cuticle. It doesn't hurt (the skin has been itching on and off) but it's has bled and clear fluid has come out. It's been a couple of days now, but it's weird. I've never had an ingrown toenail like this before. It's like it came out of nowhere.

Phuzella
02-07-17, 19:54
Ingrown toenails are usually at the top and sides of the nail?

aangel
02-07-17, 20:59
That's what I thought too.

bottleblond
02-07-17, 21:09
Yeah definitely.

My son had to have two removed and it was at the top corners both times.

Could you have had a little bite or something?

Lisa
x

aangel
02-07-17, 21:46
I don't think so. Here's a small pic of it.

https://s12.postimg.org/5nq4fw4lp/IMG_20170629_031724313.jpg

bottleblond
02-07-17, 22:01
I can't enlarge the pic. Silly computer. :mad:

Is the blister actually on your nail or below it?.

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

aangel

I don't suffer HA anymore so I have just read up on symptoms etc.

I doubt that it is an ingrown toenail because as I though, they are mainly caused but not cutting the nail correctly, trauma to the toe etc. It starts at the top of the toe where the nail meets the skin.

Everything I have read would indicate this is not an ingrown nail but if you are worried then certainly talk to your GP.

Lisa
xx

aangel
02-07-17, 22:43
It's on top of the nail. But with a nail file, I can lift it a little. I don't know maybe the skin around cuticle is infected. It's still draining. This is so annoying. I've never had an issue like this before.

bottleblond
02-07-17, 22:48
I also read with toenail problems...Soak in water for 10 minutes each night and dab dry with a cotton ball. For 7 nights. It may possibly help. :hugs: