PDA

View Full Version : Does your tongue move like this?

vincy
03-07-17, 06:25
I have been convinced that I am NOT slurring my speech. Over the last month.. it has gotten less and less noticeable to me. (My perceived issues, that is)

Maybe because of the zoloft maybe because I am just getting over it like people tend to with their health anxiety...

But I still can't stop looking at my tongue in the mirror to see if it is normal (people that have read my previous posts will know what I fear)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZlDiRlWIU

Here is my tongue. It stays relatively still at rest. But the little dimples and quivers that happen when it is protruded slightly to about half way.. is that normal?

I've asked a couple family members and one of them SORT OF wriggles around like mine, but not as much. Do other people's tongues look like this?

I'd ask my friends but asking strangers on the internet is much less awkward :whistles:

TattooArtist
03-07-17, 12:41
There's a sticky note that covers this common HA fear. Stop looking at your tongue. Everyone's tongue quivers a bit when they protrude it. It's not a reliable indicator of things your fear. You may want to talk to a therapist about your ongoing concerns.

Fishmanpa
03-07-17, 13:04
I'd ask my friends but asking strangers on the internet is much less awkward :whistles:

Maybe for you! ~lol~ I didn't even click but based on photos and other links I have seen on this site, it's typically not something I want to see ;)

Please read the links I posted on your previous threads. You "say" you're not as anxious about your ALS fears but your posts beg to differ.

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
03-07-17, 18:17
Yes, my tongue quivers when I stick it out. It scared me a couple years ago, too. Its normal, completely normal.

willll
03-07-17, 19:11
Mine does this too.

Fishmanpa
03-07-17, 19:16
When you think about it logically, the tongue is not a muscle that's meant to be sticking out of your mouth. So naturally, doing something so unnatural for it would cause it to shake quiver. Thankfully, I see you were banned on the ALS site.

Positive thoughts