PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks and anxiety often precede pancreatic cancer diagnosis ??

Leah88
03-07-17, 11:35
This is now a chicken or the egg situation in my head.
I get upper abdominal pain with a back ache but have for a couple of years so it was never a theme of my H.A as I figured if it was pancreatic cancer I'd be dead by now. Right?

Well today a physiotherapist said to me " panic attacks are often followed by the diagnose" and I didn't believe her so I did google it and it appears to have truth behind it. On top of that, the national health data base says a diagnosis is usually made on average 2 years after symptoms.

Man this is causing a spiral.

How are you suppose to put pain down to anxiety when anxiety is a symptom of something worse ?

TattooArtist
03-07-17, 12:10
Did this particular medical professional refer to a doctor, for bloodwork, imaging, or other diagnostic testing? Seems a terrible thing to tell an HA sufferer. Keep in mind your symptoms could be hundreds of things, including anxiety. If you are really worried you should obtain a real diagnosis as no one here can help with abdominal/back pain... It's very vague and the kind of thing we all worry about. In the case of pancreatic cancer, yes, it tends to be really fast-moving and you could not ignore it for years at a time. So no, I really would not be worried about that. My guess is that this therapist didn't know you suffer from HA, or has no experience with those that do.