PDA

View Full Version : Job stores then anxiety then depression too

Alwayslatenight
03-07-17, 23:53
Hi I've just stumbled on this site. I am early 30's usually quite capable and confident until one day I was so overloaded at work I just had a panic attack and never even realised it. I do have 2 young kids so home life can also be a little stressful along with paying bills. I couldn't function, took a few weeks off work and decided to move jobs as I couldn't see myself carrying on there. I have been battling anxiety since and then depression came along . I think the anxiety is a bit better no panic attacks for the last few months just feel low and have questioned most aspects of my life. Hoping to find some positive tips and support on here. I have pretty much cut all alcohol and caffeine to try and help and also do exercise where I can. I think I may have OCD tendencies but I'm no expert. I have private healthcare with my new job and am waiting for a call back to see someone about all this.

venusbluejeans
04-07-17, 00:00
Hiya Alwayslatenight and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Alwayslatenight
04-07-17, 00:04
Thanks for the welcome :)

Rick(amateur)
04-07-17, 23:35
Hi and :welcome: to the forum!

Anxiety and depression do occur quite often and it can be cause by a combination of things. Seeking a professional is usually your best bet on find out what the problems is. Then, it's just a steady recovery.

I hope you enjoy your stay here and make some friends in the process! :)

Alwayslatenight
08-08-17, 15:38
Thanks for the welcome and sorry for the late reply... I have started counselling and have done 2 sessions... She hasn't really said what she might think is wrong though... is that normal? I tried citalopram but made me feel awful so stopped after 4 days... doctor said to come back if I wanted to try sertraline so I have an appointment booked for Thursday. But the side effects scare me any advice?

Vanilla Sky
09-08-17, 14:41
Hi and welcome to NMP :)