PDA

View Full Version : at breaking point

Paul87
04-07-17, 05:22
Hello

I don't know what else to say but I feel like I'm at breaking point I'm 29 years old and sleeping issues has been a thing for me for well maybe 14 or so years but the sleeping issues has always revolved around a few things

I would stay awake later and want to sleep later so every few weeks or maybe months my sleep will turn nocturnal and I would reset my sleep back to normal after a few weeks or a month and repeat

This hasn't really ever bothered me as it's self inflicted and is mostly due to the "not enough hours in the day" feeling

But my current sleep issues is totally different now, at first my sleep pattern changed to 3am till like 9am and I thought to myself oh if my body is waking up early like this then I'm have normal sleep again soon no worries

Then I would do some work and as I work from home and can work my own hours this is fine so I would work till 12-1 take a nap for 1-3 hours repeat

I was always against the naps idea as I knew it would stop me sleeping at night so I wanted to fight it but in order to work and have energy I needed them

To make this story shorter my sleep has turned into feeling very tired in day light hours and even laying on my bed causes instant sleep so the last few days I've made my naps hit 1 hour at the most so I'm tired at night

The thing is I'm low of energy and very tired in evening etc but come 11 onwards I start to wake up and be full of energy

My recent sleeps has been as follows

Trying sleep from 3am falling sleep at 8am waking up every few minutes and instantly falling back asleep instantly until 9am

Wake up time midday nap that was unintentional at 5pm till 6pm stayed awake and active till 11:30pm decided to try something different and turn all electrics off and sleep in dark room this is also earliest I went to bed in months and I generally felt tired but not sleepy

Couldn't sleep till 1am woke up 4:30am

Now I'm full of butterflies and anxiety which I do suffer from but my general thoughts at the moment is I can't do this anymore am I ever going sleep normal again and what's happening to me

I feel wide awake since waking up my eyes feel tired and look tired but mentally I'm wide awake I dunno what I should do anymore I'm begging for help at this point

Anyone have any ideas what I have wrong with me and what I have to do to fix this?

I've also took time of my home work to fix this sleep first

Is there even a label for what I have and ideally if anyone can help me out with tips and what I have then can you all suggest me at times to sleep when I wake up when to give up and how to force my sleep back into routine and eating times etc even

I think after this I've learned my lesson to not over work and be social at night I'm defo going try and be efficient as I can with my sleep from now on this is just horrible

I look like I gained 10 hours by looking my eyes

tamlovee
04-07-17, 06:17
I have gone through something similar, going through it now. I used to stay up all night and sleep all day. That changed once I had my daughter, I was young at the time. Got on a normal sleeping schedule and them it varied, staging up till 2 sleeping in till 11. Taking naps. I used to work night shift and would sleep from 7a to 7p on my off days I'd try to maintain a normal schedule for the sake of my family but it was difficult. I quit that job and got pregnant so I had a crazy schedule there.

Now I am back to staying up till almost 2a but i am waking up at around 9-10 depending on my toddler but I am exhausted during the day. Today l took a nap so I'm wide awake now. The only thing i can recommend is taking a unisom or something around the time you want to go to bed and them set an alarm. Drink some coffee to try to stay awake!

Paul87
04-07-17, 08:25
Thanks I actually don't drink caffeine or wanna take drugs so it's going be slightly tricky for me, it's only 8:24 am and I'm tired and yawning already not sure how I'm going to last the next 13 or so hours

Paul87
04-07-17, 16:35
4:30 pm no nap today so far on course to trying reset my sleep schedule

Keep having anxiety and panic attacks though I'm very anxious and worried that even after all this I won't sleep tonight I really hope I do

tamlovee
04-07-17, 20:03
Would you be opposed to drinking some warm tea? Maybe that will help you sleep. Just a couple more hours! You can do this!