PDA

View Full Version : A CancerBlock similar to AdBlock

paranoid-viking
04-07-17, 09:01
I have it up to here. Every time I sign out my Hotmail I come to the MSN News sites with "news" the MFers in clickbait-media believes I want to read. Obviuosly because I post here og read here they seem to believe that I want to over and over and over read "signs that you have cancer". I have sent them messages that I want them to stop this harmufl filth and that I am suffering because the likes of them and their greedy and harmful clickbait economy. I use AdBlock of course so that these MFers will not see a single penny from me.
What I wonder: "is there such a thing as "cancer block" that will block out "news" and scaremonger shit about cancer? If so I would be more than happy to install it. I mean; there are allready Kardashian blocks for those fed up reading about that "family", for instance.
Of course I will deactivate it while in here.

axolotl
04-07-17, 10:17
It's personalising your ads based on the fact you're constantly searching for "cancer" on Google.

Delete your cookies, switch cookies off, restart your browser, and you should see less. And stop searching for cancer.

paranoid-viking
04-07-17, 11:05
I have not been googling "cancer" for a long time; I think it is because I am in here where "cancer" is a repeating topic in the threads. But I take your advice anyway. Thanks:)

...but: what if I stop searching "cancer" and they keep feeding me with this because I visit this page?

axolotl
04-07-17, 12:23
I have not been googling "cancer" for a long time; I think it is because I am in here where "cancer" is a repeating topic in the threads. But I take your advice anyway. Thanks:)

...but: what if I stop searching "cancer" and they keep feeding me with this because I visit this page?

Disable cookies in your browser.

But - and I know you know this - getting some help so you don't need to avoid these things is preferable to finding technological solutions so you don't see stuff.