PDA

View Full Version : Weird swallowing symptom

TinkrTonkr
04-07-17, 09:10
Hi. Has anyone experienced a symptom where you put water in your mouth and it goes down without swallowing causing you to choke? Happened to me in the past 2 months a couple of times and it worries me...

Benjammin69
04-07-17, 10:18
Yeah I had that I've had where I've literally forgotten how to swallow it seems to be a med side effect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TinkrTonkr
04-07-17, 10:30
I also have that "forgetting how to swallow" thing sometimes food stays in my mouth and I can't swallow it I have to chew and chew until I finally swallow.
But that's not what happened last night. I picked a bottle of water, started to drink and in the moment i put water in my mouth it went down WITHOUT swallowing, so weird. I choked and coughed for 1 minute.
I'm almost over the fear that I have Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) because time is passing and I'm not showing symptoms but now I fear my mother has it because she ocasionally chokes and says drinking is weird and seems like her throat is tired. I know having ALS at my age 20 is almost impossible so I don't fear it anymore but my mother is 52. My father left us when she got pregnant and I'm really afraid to lose my mother, I love her, really hoping it's nothing serious.

jhopley
05-07-17, 10:11
I have has this a few times since i was a kid - it's nothing at all