PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles/Dead foot at at night

ShaunRyder
04-07-17, 18:16
Back again, HA not as bad as previous times but has caused a worry. Firstly start of last week I woke with two dead hands, then 3 nights last week and last night I woke up with a dead foot/leg it only lasts for a few seconds and have no other symptoms, I have woke up like this before but no this much in a week, it is only a night and not happened during the da time. Is this something to worry about like a sign of something serious or just how I am laying? Would you be worried?

TattooArtist
04-07-17, 18:40
Sounds like you are sleeping with you limbs trapped beneath you?

ShaunRyder
04-07-17, 19:05
Ok so I was stupid and let my HA get the better of me and Googled! Now I am worried it is MS!

axolotl
04-07-17, 19:09
These aren't even close to the presenting symptoms of MS. They are the symptoms of lying on parts of your body in your sleep and having a brief funny feeling when you wake up. Like everyone in the world gets and no-one ever thinks a second thought about.

Stop Googling.

Fishmanpa
04-07-17, 19:41
Ok so I was stupid and let my HA get the better of me and Googled! Now I am worried it is MS!

Serious question... You admit to being "stupid", Googling and looking up nasties. How in the world, knowing you slept funny, does this become MS in any way, shape or form in your mind? I'm being serious. It's like looking at the clear blue sky, looking up sky phenomenon and saying it's orange instead of blue when it's obvious to the entire world! I get that anxiety can skew your perception but your mind has to see the irrationality in this right? Especially after admitting to looking impossible reasons up on Google! I'm really curious as to the train of thoughts that brought you to this point.

Positive thoughts

Thelegend27
05-07-17, 07:20
You're jumping to the worst scenarios possible, and that's the worst thing to do, trust me I've been doing it a long time.

You ask the question but what type of answer are you really looking for? I've been in your shoes many many times, asking people online questions about your health knowing they cannot diagnose you, so that leads to the question what is it really that you're expecting to hear, and when it comes down to it you're really just looking for people who will say oh you're fine don't worry, but without any of us being a doctor and seeing you in person we cannot possibly provide a definite answer. What I'm trying to say is, the more you post online and research the more you're reminding yourself that something serious could be going on when in fact it probably isn't, it's just your anxiety getting the best of you. Trust me when I tell you this, just look at my previous threads, they are filled with irrational fears.

What you describe could range from anxiety to a medical condition but that doesn't mean it's a serious health condition even if it is, a lot of things can make limbs go numb, from anxiety to diabetes to thoratic outlet syndrome and a whole lot more and most of which is benign, the best thing to do is see a doctor, if he gives you the all clear try to move on and if you can't move on then see a therapist, this is what I am doing and I just recently got put on buspirone for anxiety and I will be seeing a therapist soon it's just a matter of waiting for a spot to open up.

Please think more positive, focus on all the harmless things it can be rather than the serious things.