PDA

View Full Version : Having a Moment... Again

EhBien
04-07-17, 20:26
Hello again,

I'm having a bit of a moment that has me on edge before I head to my family's house for a gathering. I'm in the process of tapering off of Lexapro (a new med I tried for a few weeks that I didn't jive well with) to either A: Try to get a grip on my anxiety with CBT and other tools or B: Try a new medication.

I was on celexa for a large part of my life and have had moments where I sustained without any meds for a significant duration of time. I'm currently extremely fearful that without taking anything this time around I'll really become "crazy" or experience some form of "psychosis" and not be able to conquer my anxiety without some form of medication. I'm fearful that being med-less will bring out some other form of "mental illness" and the very small dosage of medicine was the only thing keeping me together.

I'm trying my best to not rely on reassurance and rely on myself and the facts I know to be true... but this time I could really use any advice, words of encouragement, or positive thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Dintimid8or
05-07-17, 17:49
What did you dislike about Lexapro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk