PDA

View Full Version : Pancreas fears!

Emily101115
05-07-17, 09:10
Hi all I am wondering if somebody can point me in the right direction before I give in to DR GOOGLE! First off I am 24 years old with 3 children.I have been getting this pain on and off for some time now more so in the last 2 weeks.It feels like it's coming from the top left of my stomach near my rib,it feels almost like someone is poking a knife inside me.This pain does go into my back a little but soon subsides on it's own.I also get this slight cramping at the top of my stomach,again this subsides on its own.I have in the last 2 weeks had a lot of heartburn.

I have been following bits of slimming world since November last year when I was at my hugest weight of 13st I am now 11st 6lb.

I am starting to worry a little as my friends seem to be taking forever to loose weight and mine now seems to be shredding off! I do go to the gym 5 days a week and sometimes I do 2 hours.I think I have made a lot more changes to my diet than friends.

I'm starting to think I have pancreatic cancer trying to not to but I can't control thes thoughts.I am a very anxious person when it comes to my health I worry a lot!

paranoid-viking
05-07-17, 10:01
Now. Pancreatic cancer is extremely rare at someone your age. In fact less than 0,5% of its victims are in their 20s. I fear that disease too, though, but I am 40 and your symptoms sounds like mine. But they come and goes right? Any MDs; not counting scaremonger propagandists; would tell yoiu that cancer symptoms does not come and goes and come back a week later. I have had those symtpoms for a year now; and I have had bloodtests and abdominal ultrasound, nothing found.

One honsest question though which may shed some lights on it: are you overweight? I am; and I have acid reflux which may be an explanation.

And please; DONT register yourself on a cancer forum asking people there for reasurrance. It is disgraceful and it wont get you any reasurrance for that matter. Quite to the contrary; my observation is that those hypocondriacs posting there gets confirmation bias more than anything else.

Emily101115
05-07-17, 20:34
Now. Pancreatic cancer is extremely rare at someone your age. In fact less than 0,5% of its victims are in their 20s. I fear that disease too, though, but I am 40 and your symptoms sounds like mine. But they come and goes right? Any MDs; not counting scaremonger propagandists; would tell yoiu that cancer symptoms does not come and goes and come back a week later. I have had those symtpoms for a year now; and I have had bloodtests and abdominal ultrasound, nothing found.

One honsest question though which may shed some lights on it: are you overweight? I am; and I have acid reflux which may be an explanation.

And please; DONT register yourself on a cancer forum asking people there for reasurrance. It is disgraceful and it wont get you any reasurrance for that matter. Quite to the contrary; my observation is that those hypocondriacs posting there gets confirmation bias more than anything else.
Thank you for replying to me.I have another stone to loose before I am classed as being within my healthy range for a healthy bmi

paranoid-viking
05-07-17, 22:02
Well, overweight can cause physical symptoms which may vanish by loosing weight.

Emily101115
12-07-17, 11:29
Starting to worry that my weight loss is to do with something serious going on.Im trying to think of all the positive changes I have made to my diet,swapping for the lower calories,baked snacks everything under 5% fat when possible.My workouts at the gym and more walking.

What worries me is the times when having a cheat and not putting anything back on,I know I should be embracing it but I can't help myself to think I'm really sick!

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

I should be a bit more specific sorry!
I'm using an app on my phone to count the calories on everything I eat.I stay below 1,650 calories everyday obviously with me doing more exercise I accumulate more calories
Is all this normal?

TattooArtist
12-07-17, 14:37
Maybe a CBC would ease your mind in this case? Have you asked your GP about your symptoms? There a could be any number of things going on, including anxiety symptoms.

Emily101115
12-07-17, 16:24
Maybe a CBC would ease your mind in this case? Have you asked your GP about your symptoms? There a could be any number of things going on, including anxiety symptoms.

Thank you for replying to me,I have been through CBG counselling before.I do think I could benefit again from it.

I am just clueless on this weight thing!

Sollace
12-07-17, 16:41
Starting to worry that my weight loss is to do with something serious going on.Im trying to think of all the positive changes I have made to my diet,swapping for the lower calories,baked snacks everything under 5% fat when possible.My workouts at the gym and more walking.

What worries me is the times when having a cheat and not putting anything back on,I know I should be embracing it but I can't help myself to think I'm really sick!

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

I should be a bit more specific sorry!
I'm using an app on my phone to count the calories on everything I eat.I stay below 1,650 calories everyday obviously with me doing more exercise I accumulate more calories
Is all this normal?

Honestly, don't do this to yourself, it's almost as if your anxiety is spiting you for all the good work you have done.

The occasional cheat is not going to substantially affect your weight (although it is clearly best to avoid them), just enjoy being healthier.

sdoxo
12-07-17, 16:47
What would be more concerning is if you were dropping weight without making an effort to do so.

The fact that you are counting calories, changing your eating habits AND going to the gym.. you shouldn't be concerned at all about losing weight.

Also, having a cheat isn't going to blow you up like a balloon. I dont even really watch what I eat, and I pretty much stay the exact same weight.

You're working hard to shed pounds, you deserve to cheat a little. You're overthinking all this. Maybe look into getting some help with the anxiety :)

Redsoles
12-07-17, 19:56
I had the exact pain as you and it's been ongoing for a couple of years. I also first got it after starting slimming world. I lost 4st.

Slimming world definitely works but I know so many people who've had pain and digestive issues since starting it. I'm pretty certain it messes with your system. I highly doubt you've got anything serious.

TattooArtist
12-07-17, 20:04
Just fyi, a CBC stands for complete blood panel. It would pick up almost anything wrong with your metabolism as far as a screening to ease your mind. It's standard bloodwork a general practitioner would be asking for.