PDA

View Full Version : fear / panic

june
12-05-07, 15:04
Hi, I am feeling terribly afraid. does anyone understand what I mean? does anyone else have the same sensation??

1) I feel as if I am going to die. My body feels as if it is disintegrating. like when you watch on tv - a piece of fruit is slowly turning to dust.

2) THEN I have this sensation that the little space that is under the breast bone, is swelling and will burst. a most awful feeling.
But there is no swelling, or any outward sign of a problem.

June

blackie
13-05-07, 14:05
Hiya
They are both symptoms of panic. I understand completly what you mean about the feeling that you are disintergrating. For some reason i always seem to get it in the night if i wake. Have you spoken to your doctor? They should have lots of help and advice. I found the best way of forgetting about the feelings is destraction or writting down the way i feel.
Dont worry though, you are not alone.
Take care
Blcakie

june
13-05-07, 14:52
Hi Blackie,
I did mention it to the doctor among other things - they tend to just 'lump' it all together now - they know and i know (but i can't convince myself) that it is stress / anxiety etc.
But what am i stressed about they ask? these symptoms i reply. But there must be an underlying cause - not that i can find.
Just fear / panic in itself.
I have always written down each panic as it happens (if I die 'they' will know how i was feeling and what the symptoms were).
When I saw the CBT Therapist she said that writing the symptoms down was a waste of time because i did not learn anything from the excersise, for a while even on my own i felt embarrassed to write (in case someone caught me) I am OK again now and i really feel the need to write.
what does sometimes annoy me is when i read a piece written 2/3 years ago and it could have been written yesterday (nothing has changed).
I am comforted, however by reading the posts that i am not the only one who can't get control over these devastating feelings.:) June

blackie
13-05-07, 15:33
Hiya
I dont know why my panic attacks started. For me they came out of the blue and could be down to a number a different things that all add up to a panic. I was told not to keep tring to look for a reson why i am like this but to look for ways to not be like this. Are you getting any help at all at the moment?
Take care
Blackie

june
27-05-07, 16:24
like you i was told not to look for reasons BUT feel that if i knew what caused the giddiness or panic - i would have a starting point to get better.
for example coffe really makes my head buzz - so do not drink coffee.
If only it was all so simple.
i am having councelling at the moment - keep my fingers crossed it might help!!
luv june