PDA

View Full Version : When does the coughing come?

sdoxo
05-07-17, 18:38
So today is day 10 of not smoking, and I'm super proud of myself! I used patches the first few days but they made the spot I applied it very itchy so I've stopped using those and switched to the cold turkey method.

I really have felt fine for the most part. Around day 5-6 I had an awful headache for about 2 days and was super nauseous. Thats passed now and I feel pretty good. I still get cravings but I work through them pretty quickly.

I've heard a lot of other quitters talk about the cough that comes along with quitting. And the icky mucus that comes along with the cough. But I've had neither and am just kind of waiting. Seeing how its day 10 I'm thinking maybe I wont have it? I guess its different for everyone..

swajj
06-07-17, 04:06
I never had coughing or anything else you describe. But then I never coughed or developed mucus a smoker either.

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

as a smoker

btw you should have persisted with the patches. The itchiness would have disappeared eventually. Good luck and we'll done for getting to 10 days.

sdoxo
06-07-17, 11:32
I never developed mucus or a cough when I smoked either, maybe that has something to do with it.

And you're probably right about the patches but it was driving me crazy lol. I guess the benefit to not using them is that I'm getting the nicotine completely out of my system.

Thanks for replying :)