PDA

View Full Version : do you get muscle twitches?

Thelegend27
05-07-17, 18:44
I've read on here several people worrying about their twitching muscles, I also get these and have for a long time, I never gave it much thought, but I was wondering if you guys ever found away to stop the twitches.

This is not something that is a concern to me as I've had it for a long time now and it cones and goes, sometimes it's an eyelid or under my eye, sometimes a big portion of my bicep will twitch I can literally see my bicep contracting on it's own, it's really weird, but I heard low magnesium and potassium levels can cause this so have you found a remedy?

I get them all over my body, not frequently, but enough yo annoy me, my girlfriend also get these jumping nerves or whatever.

I'll mention it to my doctor next month when I go back so hopefully I can give you guys some tips after that to maybe help you get rid of it.

Fishmanpa
05-07-17, 18:50
Treat your anxiety and eventually the stress biology causing physical symptoms will abate.

Positive thoughts

claireypoo
05-07-17, 18:56
Still twitchy 11 years later!

It's worse if I don't sleep much, (it's really bad now) and better if I'm totally engrossed in something, but most often it's just totally random.

I'll have twitches for months at a time then they go... only to return a few weeks later.

I'm going to try meditation again to reduce overall stress.

Good luck with yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

axolotl
05-07-17, 19:00
My calves twitch almost permanently. It's one of those things, they're not bothersome if you accept them and ignore them. I've got I find it quite amusing to watch.

Thelegend27
05-07-17, 19:01
Yeah I'm aware the stress from all the anxiety may be the cause, but if it's not I'd like to find some sort of remedy because like I've said it's happened pretty much all my life, infrequent twitches rarely indicate anything serious from what I've read about them over the years, it's usually low levels of vitamins, stress, overuse of muscles, sometimes it can just be normal for you, either way I'd like to eliminate it if possible.

claireypoo
05-07-17, 19:09
Yeah I'm aware the stress from all the anxiety may be the cause, but if it's not I'd like to find some sort of remedy because like I've said it's happened pretty much all my life, infrequent twitches rarely indicate anything serious from what I've read about them over the years, it's usually low levels of vitamins, stress, overuse of muscles, sometimes it can just be normal for you, either way I'd like to eliminate it if possible.

My blood work all ok (incl micronutrients) I think in my case it's prob from stress (16 years of severe sleep deprivation.)

If you find anything that works for you, let us know! :) It would be nice not to have the eyelid one. Drives me up the wall! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fishmanpa
05-07-17, 19:20
I reiterate treating the root of the problem to treat the symptom! I'm not a sufferer but when my wife was in the hospital and I was it the midst of the storm, I had twitches all over!

Once the storm passed and things began to calm down, the twitching stopped.

Positive thoughts

Scotttt
05-07-17, 22:55
I get twitches all over. They've given me quite a bit of anxiety.

I agree with Fishmanpa, if you find a way to calm your body, they will slow down, though they may never go away.

Ive been meditating and trying to calm my system and they seem to have calmed down some.

best of luck.

Ancient Weaver
05-07-17, 23:40
I used to get this a lot, fairly recently and after many years of it (it wasn't 24/7, but it was almost every evening) I discovered that a salty drink would help, but in trying to find a natural way of boosting my neurotransmitters for mh reasons, (medication was useless or worse, with one solitary exception, which was only mildly helpful), I found that I needed to be eating much more protein than is typically recommended in the UK.
According to US recommendations, allowing for my weight and levels of stress I should have been eating double what I was, possibly even more considering my age, but that's what I aimed for, and within a few days, my energy levels were significantly improved, so that I wasn't constantly fighting off sleep, my sleep pattern improved, and my excessive anxiety faded away too, as did the crampy twitchy aches that I had for so long associated with fatigue.
I cannot recommend it highly enough.
Meditation, counselling etc., are all good, as they reduce stress, thereby mitigating some of the need for more protein, but improving the nutritional content of your diet has significant benefits beyond mental health.

MyNameIsTerry
06-07-17, 00:35
I used to get twitches when my GAD was consistently higher. Arms jerking, legs flying out of bed, all the usual stuff we see on here.

As I reduced my overall levels of anxiety I found it went away. If I have a bad blip, I can experience a few again. Get through the blip, they go again.

Work on things to relax your nervous system. The more your body gets out of intens anxiety, the more these symptoms fade away. For some it's twitches, others GI stuff, some DP/DR, etc and I've had a fairly broad range and found most respond like this.

Sollace
06-07-17, 15:21
I've had a worrisome twitch in my left index finger recently. It has completely set off my anxiety about muscle related conditions. Today, it seems to have all but abated, but I can't help but concentrate on the finger and feel slight weakness if I use it.

br350
27-07-17, 22:22
I was very relieved to see this. I've had an eyelid twitch off/on for a number of months. Sometimes the other eyelid twitches too. Not at the same time. I was really worried about it. Some days are worse than others. I know I should give up caffeine but that one cup in the morning is non-negotiable! I try to sleep enough but maybe my overall stress and work/life balance needs addressing. It's always go-go-go. But the twitches happen at rest too. Thank you for sharing your experiences.