PDA

View Full Version : Hello, would really like some help

cantrainallthetime
05-07-17, 19:59
Hello all,

Just joined. I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety although im having a hard time believing/accepting it is with what im going thru. Ive read 100's and 100's of posts with people thinking theyre "the only one" but I just really do feel like that! Ill tell you what happened and has been happening, id appreciate if you had time to read.

4 and a half months ago someone said something to me that hit a nerve about something from the past thats long been and gone and since then ive been on a downhill spiral. Was literally the moment it was said I went into a massive panic, heart pounding with pain a sharp in head. I couldnt sleep for a month, lay awake for hours sweating. The pain in my head was as tho my brain had been dislodged and twisted around. Had horrible sensations down my arms, like a shiver feel but tearing down my arms. Huge and i mean HUGE crushing in my chest. Felt like someone was holding my heart in chest and pulling it down and squeezing it hard. Also felt like i was being strangled. In the first month i lost 3 stone thru not eating hardly anything. I hid myself away in bedroom. Not talking or seeing anyone.

So I went to doctors and he prescribed me propananol and citalopram. I didnt take to start as I was very against taking them. However after about another 3 weeks I became very desperate, suicidal thoughts were all I thought about. I started to take them and they didnt make any difference in 3 weeks or so, was changed to sertraline. Went to doctors one day with the pain and had an ECG and all came back ok. Then they also gave me mirtazapine to help me sleep which did help me sleep and gave me some appetite back

Another 3 weeks or so went by and i had a meeting with a cbt therapist, he could see how desperate i was and said he wasnt the right person for me yet so put onto a psychiatrist but they couldnt see me for about a month, but they got me in within a few days to see a duty nurse, I saw her and she cancelled my appointment with psychiatrist and put me onto a crisis time, they came out that afternoon to assess me, put me on daily contact and the next day i saw their doctor who asked me all sorts of questions and basically upped my mirtazapine and dropped the sertraline. I have seen them daily and a little less last couple of weeks. I have come out of myself in terms of seeing people but im in constant agony and really cant go on like this, my pain is getting horrendous, more so down the left hand side of my body, left side of brain pulses, left arm and leg aches and just doesnt feel right and the constant crushing and pulling at my heart. My heart pounds which is really uncomfortable. Ive also gone dizzy now and at times walk funny, some people have noticed, I walked into back of my van other day. They have sent off for me to have head and neck scanned just waiting for appointment. Gave me pregabalin to help with pain last week which as with everything else doesnt seem to be doing much. I tell people, including doctors what im going thru and they look at me like im mad...and i even know it sounds mad all these syptoms but they are very very real to me. :weep: Feels like ive fallen off a really high building and all my insides have been smashed against my skeleton and are now all dislodged.

Im really not right at all...just feels like something is really broken, besides all the physical symptons i have had for well over 4 months, my thoughts are completely ruined, cant see a future in anything, things id rather not think about haunt me all day every day. I was a totally relaxed, calm, happy and positive person. I loved my life, and i mean LOVED my life...now everything has come crashing down around me and I cant see any kind of escape. :weep:

Im sorry for the essay, I really am in a sorry state but I just dont know what to do any more. Im convinced this cant be just anxiety and depression, its just too painful. I appreciate any kind of help you could maybe offer me. Really am struggling with people who havent been thru it telling me "youll be ok" "youll get thru it", unless youve been in this situation i guess you dont really know do you.

Thank you.

venusbluejeans
05-07-17, 20:07
Hiya cantrainallthetime and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

claireypoo
05-07-17, 22:34
Hello all,

Just joined. I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety although im having a hard time believing/accepting it is with what im going thru. Ive read 100's and 100's of posts with people thinking theyre "the only one" but I just really do feel like that! Ill tell you what happened and has been happening, id appreciate if you had time to read.

4 and a half months ago someone said something to me that hit a nerve about something from the past thats long been and gone and since then ive been on a downhill spiral. Was literally the moment it was said I went into a massive panic, heart pounding with pain a sharp in head. I couldnt sleep for a month, lay awake for hours sweating. The pain in my head was as tho my brain had been dislodged and twisted around. Had horrible sensations down my arms, like a shiver feel but tearing down my arms. Huge and i mean HUGE crushing in my chest. Felt like someone was holding my heart in chest and pulling it down and squeezing it hard. Also felt like i was being strangled. In the first month i lost 3 stone thru not eating hardly anything. I hid myself away in bedroom. Not talking or seeing anyone.

So I went to doctors and he prescribed me propananol and citalopram. I didnt take to start as I was very against taking them. However after about another 3 weeks I became very desperate, suicidal thoughts were all I thought about. I started to take them and they didnt make any difference in 3 weeks or so, was changed to sertraline. Went to doctors one day with the pain and had an ECG and all came back ok. Then they also gave me mirtazapine to help me sleep which did help me sleep and gave me some appetite back

Another 3 weeks or so went by and i had a meeting with a cbt therapist, he could see how desperate i was and said he wasnt the right person for me yet so put onto a psychiatrist but they couldnt see me for about a month, but they got me in within a few days to see a duty nurse, I saw her and she cancelled my appointment with psychiatrist and put me onto a crisis time, they came out that afternoon to assess me, put me on daily contact and the next day i saw their doctor who asked me all sorts of questions and basically upped my mirtazapine and dropped the sertraline. I have seen them daily and a little less last couple of weeks. I have come out of myself in terms of seeing people but im in constant agony and really cant go on like this, my pain is getting horrendous, more so down the left hand side of my body, left side of brain pulses, left arm and leg aches and just doesnt feel right and the constant crushing and pulling at my heart. My heart pounds which is really uncomfortable. Ive also gone dizzy now and at times walk funny, some people have noticed, I walked into back of my van other day. They have sent off for me to have head and neck scanned just waiting for appointment. Gave me pregabalin to help with pain last week which as with everything else doesnt seem to be doing much. I tell people, including doctors what im going thru and they look at me like im mad...and i even know it sounds mad all these syptoms but they are very very real to me. :weep: Feels like ive fallen off a really high building and all my insides have been smashed against my skeleton and are now all dislodged.

Im really not right at all...just feels like something is really broken, besides all the physical symptons i have had for well over 4 months, my thoughts are completely ruined, cant see a future in anything, things id rather not think about haunt me all day every day. I was a totally relaxed, calm, happy and positive person. I loved my life, and i mean LOVED my life...now everything has come crashing down around me and I cant see any kind of escape. :weep:

Im sorry for the essay, I really am in a sorry state but I just dont know what to do any more. Im convinced this cant be just anxiety and depression, its just too painful. I appreciate any kind of help you could maybe offer me. Really am struggling with people who havent been thru it telling me "youll be ok" "youll get thru it", unless youve been in this situation i guess you dont really know do you.

Thank you.

Hello x I remember feeling very similar to you when I was first diagnosed. This site helped me a lot back then.

Things will get better. x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cantrainallthetime
06-07-17, 18:47
Its just so hard to believe its anxiety. I am completely different person and it literally happened over night. My life is getting worse by day and im slowly loosing my family and the person who i was :weep:

fduop
11-07-17, 13:11
Morning cantrainallthetime. Much like VenusB and claireypoo (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=3796) have already said, NMP is a good place to explore and see what it offers. I know that in the past number of years I've been coming here, the site has given me the opportunity to express my fears and my joys. It's good to see you can express your feelings as well as you can. Even in the state you are currently in, don't stop expressing your feelings. I find that putting things down helps me to sort things out. I don't want to bore you with my own essay, but hang tough, love yourself, and don't be afraid to express your honest feeling, especially here. Best to you cantrainallthetime on your journey.

Bigboyuk
11-07-17, 14:08
Hi Beiieve you me it can just be Depression and anxiety making you feel like you do, I know I have had depression now for 3 decades both are very powerful beasts to deal with some days are better than others and some days are horrendous so know exactly where you are coming from!! I can see you been offered therapy but saddend that the appointment with a psychiatrist that then was cancelled and offered more meds :eek: I would try and get that appointment reinstated A.S.A.P as on top of meds it can really help you move forward :) And welcome aboard mate! Cheers