PDA

View Full Version : New here but having a bad time with worry!

mark115
05-07-17, 20:50
Hi everyone

Thanks for reading.... So according to my doctor my health is improving... High Cholesterol reducing nicely following a routine blood test for high blood pressure medication and everything else looks good apparently. BP is now 132/80.

I've lost 2 stone following the doctors advice to address the Cholestrol which was 6.5, I've totally changed my diet and am eating relatively healthily. I cheat at weekends (food wise) lol and should be I think improving. Combined Cholesterol now 5.8 and will hopefully be lower on next test in 3 months. I'm average height and around 15 stone so carrying a few extra pounds but not obesity!

That said the initial scare of this being high has played havoc with the fact I've always been a little anxious.

I've been to Bupa to have a health assessment and Complete Blood Count which came back normal, I had my GP provide copies of their tests for me to 'google' research and compare (which I know it stupid anyway) and literally in the last 6 days feared liver issues as I enjoy early doors (not for spirits but a couple of pints of lager), pancreatic cancers due to a couple of twinges, bowel cancer due to a friend of a friend recently being diagnosed with incurable BC and a lump on the neck which has turned out to be a spot!

I'm making light of it here as I know I'd be telling someone else to pull themselves together if it was me they were telling.

I've studied my GP's blood test so much I've found something call a 'Nucleated red blood cell count, the normal parameters are <0 - 0.2
I've also read that a healthy adult should have 0 mine is 0.2 which Doesn't sound a lot but is significant according to the internet. The doctor reviewed this test and asked for a repeat but only for the lipids or cholesterol and so must have been insignificant to them at the time?

I've been reading up in this for two hours now and considering this is my first post you'll probably feel like you know me know!

Any thoughts welcome & thanks for reading :)

susie1
05-07-17, 22:04
Hi This is your first post so you must try and stop this anxiety roller coaster in its tracks. Your bloods sound fine. Normal ranges are just that - ranges. being just outside is not that unusual. Your doctor is not worried. You should not be. Please don't let yourself go down that route. I know. I t takes over. Don't let it. Please

mark115
05-07-17, 22:32
Thanks Susie1 for your response. Deep down I know/hope your right but it seems like a rollercoaster, your right. How do you deal with HA, are you getting better at dealing with it?

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

Also - do you think it's possible to imagine symptoms (actual pains or spasms) following reading stuff on Google? I find it hard to believe but I've read people do? :)