PDA

View Full Version : Fear of testical cancer

Brad10
05-07-17, 22:33
Once in a while I get this weird pain like I just pinch my testicle my right one, and now I'm scared it's cancer or something bad, I was just at the doctor for my anxiety and I didn't even think to mention it, it just stared like last week from what I remember and it doesn't hurt constantly just once in a while and I don't have any lumps or anything, the pain Is like on the epididymides or whatever which feels like a lump but I have it on both sides-.- sorry if this was really confusing I'm just worried now :(

axolotl
05-07-17, 23:39
First of all any oddness down there deserves a (non-panicked) check from a doctor because it's a delicate area and even the hugely unlikely worse case scanarios are almost always treatable. More likely (by an order of magnitude) is a mild infection, slight injury, or something benign but potentially annoying like a cyst or varicocele. Sometimes things just hurt down there for no reason though, and if you're overchecking you'll make it worse.

Pain and no lump strongly suggests a non-scary thing going on, and I believe from my own scares down there cancer cannot form in th epididymis, therefore it'll just be a cyst or similar if you get a lump there. But do get it checked out, not because it's likely scary, but mainly in case it's something that needs zapping with antibiotics.

Brad10
06-07-17, 01:16
First of all any oddness down there deserves a (non-panicked) check from a doctor because it's a delicate area and even the hugely unlikely worse case scanarios are almost always treatable. More likely (by an order of magnitude) is a mild infection, slight injury, or something benign but potentially annoying like a cyst or varicocele. Sometimes things just hurt down there for no reason though, and if you're overchecking you'll make it worse.

Pain and no lump strongly suggests a non-scary thing going on, and I believe from my own scares down there cancer cannot form in th epididymis, therefore it'll just be a cyst or similar if you get a lump there. But do get it checked out, not because it's likely scary, but mainly in case it's something that needs zapping with antibiotics.

Thank you and yah I was just there but I'll give them a call tomorrow