PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, anxiety and your period?

Luna-Diana
06-07-17, 10:28
Does anyone else feel as if their anxiety takes a huge surge around the time of the month?

I've always had a little bit of PMS but since being diagnosed with GAD about a year and a half ago i feel like my anxiety totally rockets in the lead up and during my period :(

I know it will pass but everyone its just a complete pain! Overthinking goes into overdrive and just feel edgy most of the time.

Fay13
06-07-17, 16:06
I definitely get this, about a week before my period my anxiety increases, peaks around 3 or 4 days before my period, and then decreases as soon as it starts. Even though I get really bad period pain, I am always just willing my period to start so that the anxiety will decrease.

I find even just being aware of it helps, like if I'm feeling especially anxious, it helps to say to myself "this is because of your period". I also just try to be mindful of it, and if I know its the few days before my period, taking more time/effort into the things I do anyway for my anxiety i.e. I really make sure I get enough sleep, I don't drink alcohol that week, I'll maybe meditate a little more (I try to do this once a day anyway), because I really don't want the anxiety that is already high because of my period to be raised even more because I didn't sleep and had a little too much to drink the night before etc.

Ethansmom
11-07-17, 20:04
yes, I have anxiety right before my period starts, and then I feel a bit relieved when it starts!