PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram & Driving

up a ladder
12-05-07, 18:02
I thought it was the Amatriptalin that was causing the washed out feeling and causing what felt like someone squeezing my brain.
I did not take it last night and only took the Citalopram with my breakfast.
Unfortunately the feeling is still there along with a monster headache.
Driving is dangerous as I feel so detached. Is this common and if so, will it wear off???

Scarlett77
12-05-07, 18:41
Hi,

During the first week or so of taking Citalopram, i experienced the same along with various other side effects. I didn't drive as i think i would have been a serious risk to others (not that my driving is that great at the best of times lol).

Obviously, it varies for different people, but the vast majority of the side effects subsided for me after this first week, and i've had no problems with driving since then. Hope you feel better soon,

Scarlett

up a ladder
12-05-07, 19:29
Hi,

During the first week or so of taking Citalopram, i experienced the same along with various other side effects. I didn't drive as i think i would have been a serious risk to others (not that my driving is that great at the best of times lol).

Obviously, it varies for different people, but the vast majority of the side effects subsided for me after this first week, and i've had no problems with driving since then. Hope you feel better soon,

Scarlett

Scarlett.
Thank you:)
I have been weighing up the implications of binning all of the drugs as I am convinced that the Panic and depression has got worse. Hearing the doctor saying "don't worry, you will adjust to them within 3-4 months":ohmy:made me think it was realy not worth it.

I feel so flippin' rough at the moment that I need a change of mood.
The side affects of this stuff is not pleasant at all.

Thanks again

David

Dying_Swan
14-05-07, 09:48
Hey David.

Are you still taking the Amitriptyline? I used to take 10mg just to help me sleep, and I'd feel really sleepy the next day. The first few times, it didn't affect me, but then I stopped taking in because I was dopey when I woke up.

When I started Citalopram, nothing much changed. I couldn't tell whether feeling odd was anxiety-related or a side effect from the medication. Maybe this is the same with you? Feeling detached can certainly be an anxiety symptom. Perhaps you could discuss this with your doctor before you make any decisions?

Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon xxx