PDA

View Full Version : SAD.......

Emmy3105
06-07-17, 14:15
Hi hope everyone is ok??? Or as well as they can be

I've just seen an article about a fit and healthy 19 year old boy suddenly dropping dead.

And yep It's brought back my intense fear of sudden adult death syndrome.

Honestly, I forgot about it for about a year and reading this article had just brought it all back and I'm sitting here totally terrified.

I'm almost 27. Average weight etc. And I've had one egc done which was about 4 years ago. If there was anything wrong with my heart would it have been picked up on that 2 minute test???

Also. I'm a mummy to 2 young children, carried them both for 9 months and obviously been in labour with both of them, both naturally and pretty straight forward, no problems there, if I had a heart problem surely it would have been picked up at some point during those times right????

It's just a horrible fear to have. Especially how my anxiety and panic attacks are so back recently

TattooArtist
06-07-17, 14:56
Sorry you are feeling this way. Remember that reading something has started a thought pattern you know is overwhelming. Stop obsessively thinking about wanting needless diagnostic test. Remember that this is anxiety, and that you can have permission to ignore these fears completely. It's baseless and irrational, but we all understand it. Get off the internet and do something to get your brain on a different track.