PDA

View Full Version : Lymph node question

DaveCH
06-07-17, 16:57
I can feel a garden pea size lymph node when i push my fingers in on each groin. About 3mm in size. I assume that is normal size and it is exactly the same on both sides so does that mean its nothing to worry about.

Fishmanpa
06-07-17, 17:14
You assume correctly. Ohhh and... Stop poking and prodding! ;)

Positive thoughts

LDoubleE
06-07-17, 17:16
Seems normal enough. I had a phase of constantly feeling the lymph node on my neck thinking it wasn't normal but they are usually that size. Just feels like a pea as you say. Just don't keep poking, prodding or squeezing it or you could cause a problem.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DaveCH
06-07-17, 17:19

Positive thoughts

Being exactley the same on both sides is that a good thing

Fishmanpa
06-07-17, 17:59

Positive thoughts

DaveCH
06-07-17, 18:04
Positive thoughts

Sorry i thought you meant you assume correctly about the size but wasnt sure if you meant the same on both sides being a good thing aswell

DaveCH
07-07-17, 09:06
Can someone tell me if lymph nodes are symmetrical ie the same on both sides that this is a good sign or not ?

LDoubleE
07-07-17, 21:06
Can someone tell me if lymph nodes are symmetrical ie the same on both sides that this is a good sign or not ?They're all different sizes.. depends how many white blood cells they contain.. please distract yourself from thinking too much about them. You're fine. If you develop a fever then be worried.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thelegend27
08-07-17, 05:17
Yeah you're right it is likely normal, even if they are considered enlarged, that means very little by itself, sometimes nodes remain palpable even after infections have cleared. Small palpable nodes say less than 2cm really mean nothing in a large majority of cases, its mean they continue to grow is when it becomes more of a concern. If a node hasnt changed size is 6-12 months its very unlikely that anything serious is going on.