PDA

View Full Version : A one sided Cough?

trickha
06-07-17, 19:29
Hi all,

I guess this is my first post but i've read many over the years. Had my fair share of "scares" but currently stuck with a cough which is driving me mad. Started around 2.5 weeks ago (within the range of normal, I know) fairly dry and carried on as normal, becoming productive. I thought nothing of it. However the days just kept rolling by until i get to about 3 days ago when I notice a rattle in my chest when exhaling. I notice it most when I'm lying down about to go to sleep, but it creeps up on me during the day too. This got me so concerned i went to the GP yesterday, who checked me over and said my lungs sounded ok - I had acute bronchitis, and I should give it another week. It was probably just mucus, drink plenty of water.

Of course, this wasn't enough for me. Things just don't add up - the cough started without any other symptoms (not cold or flu), and REALLY weirdly i can feel the cough on one side of my chest. When I'm lying down and my lungs start the crackling and rattling, its coming from the right side of my chest. How could bronchitis do that? Now the only thing on my mind is the C word.

Im a 29 year old male, I smoked back when i was a teenager but not since i was about 20. I know the stats, I know it doesn't add up - but at the same time my mind is convinced :weep:

Thanks for reading.

trickha
10-07-17, 15:32
I'm a few days on with no improvement. Definitely worse on one side - I cough and rattle more when lying on my right side than my left.

Any experience of this?