PDA

View Full Version : Morning anxiety

TRISTAN
07-07-17, 12:02
Really suffer with morning anxiety and have for a very long time , can anyone relate to what I'm going through and tips to help deal with it ,

Does anyone take meds for this and if yes , WHAT

Thanks

shiznit76
10-07-17, 10:08
hi, yes my anx is worse in the mornings. I've read it is to do with the chemicals that are produced to wake us up and get going, alone with underlying anxiety, can make the morning feel so bad. I take mirtazpine and prgeabalin, have treid lots different meds, none have worked great for me unfortunately

Bike Rider
10-07-17, 11:14
Cortisol is the chemical that is at its strongest between 7 - 9 am. I take Propranolol for mine, but it needs 90 mins to work. so I take it at 4 am when I use the bathroom.

Dont suffer, see your Doctor.

Pipkin
10-07-17, 16:46
Cortisol is the chemical that is at its strongest between 7 - 9 am. I take Propranolol for mine, but it needs 90 mins to work. so I take it at 4 am when I use the bathroom.

Dont suffer, see your Doctor.

Ditto when my anxiety is bad. I wouldn't recommend taking propranolol before bed as it gives you really strange dreams. The early morning approach is the best.

Pip

almamatters
10-07-17, 18:51
I have recently only just recovered from months of morning anxiety, waking up hot, clammy palms, fast heart rate. I tried various techniques ( breathing exercises, distraction) but am now on a very low dose of citalopram and seem to be improving slowly.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Ethansmom
11-07-17, 20:08
I have terrible morning anxiety (some days are not as bad), but I generally feel out of it, and shaky inside. It's like my brain is in overdrive. I've been taking citalopram for a few months now, and it's only helping a bit. I take clonazepam every morning for debilitating anxiety.

braindead
12-07-17, 09:02
I have terrible morning anxiety (some days are not as bad), but I generally feel out of it, and shaky inside. It's like my brain is in overdrive. I've been taking citalopram for a few months now, and it's only helping a bit. I take clonazepam every morning for debilitating anxiety.
how many mg of clonazepam do you take each morning, your body will be waiting for it and thats why your wired in the morning, i have this problem but my body is waiting for 3 mg lorazepam:scared15:

Ethansmom
12-07-17, 17:43
I take 1 MG of clonazepam in the morning & 1 at night.

braindead
13-07-17, 09:00
I take 1 MG of clonazepam in the morning & 1 at night.
your body will be waiting foe 1mg clonazepan has it is 1 of the strongest benzos ,if you dont take it your body will soon tell you .2mg clonazepam is the same strenth has 40mg of valium:shades:

TRISTAN
15-07-17, 12:41
This has all got to much for me and my family , really need help now , so sad when you think it will never get better

Phuzella
15-07-17, 13:00
What do you do in the mornings? From getting up etc

TRISTAN
15-07-17, 13:37
Normally smoke quite a bit and worry about what's happening to me , scared for family

Phuzella
15-07-17, 19:29
Smoking too much can make you twitchy also caffeine. Cortisol is higher in the mornings. Try to change your routine in the mornings. Learn mindfulness and do it before you get up.

Trish1
15-07-17, 20:05
I've been suffering very badly with morning anxiety as well. I'm now on day 10 of Sertraline, I get depression as well. It's hell at the moment, so are the side effects of the meds but I feel I have got to carry on with it. It's really really awful.

Toby2000
16-07-17, 02:42
Maybe develop a relaxing wake up routine

braindead
16-07-17, 09:12
I've been suffering very badly with morning anxiety as well. I'm now on day 10 of Sertraline, I get depression as well. It's hell at the moment, so are the side effects of the meds but I feel I have got to carry on with it. It's really really awful.
CARRY ON you have done 10 days good thing come to those who WAIT:hugs: