PDA

View Full Version : Frightened help - gonnorhea

Sambapati85
07-07-17, 19:15
I let a media headline freak me out !! I need some guidance please !

I had a sexual encounter with a shady person , involving a women who engaged in a wide variety of sex with lots of different people . She went down on me and I also went down on her. This happened almost 7 years ago exactly, since then I have had no sexual encounters at all since 2012.

Since then I have received blood tests ,and a variety of other still testing out of health anxiety issues , but I do not recall throat being swabbed, as it has been so long.

I am afraid that I maybe I have oral gonnorhea , and that maybe I have had it for 7 years unknowingly and that it has progressed to DGI , disseminated gonoccoal infection?!

I hear oral gonnorhea clears up on its own if you have it in most cases , but I am worried that maybe I am still infected. I have for the past year been having some mouth , postnasal drip issues and I get reflux ?
A few medhelp questions had similar about penile and vaginal gonnorhea , and the expert doctors stating not possible for dormancy of 4 years let alone 7.
They alaoention oral gonnorhea goes away on own . I am scared over the potential for having maybe dormant for these years, and it is causing organ damage ?

Is it possible that I have been infected with this for 7 years and that it is just waiting to turn into a systemic reaction ? What should I do ? Should I get throat swabbed now , I am freaking out !

Please help me

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Anyone please ?

I am not even sure if a throat swab 7 years later would be relevant ? What should I do ?

I am frightened , working self up think I am going to get organ damage

Fishmanpa
07-07-17, 19:33
I've never heard of gonorrhea lying dormant for 7 years. You would have had some pretty serious symptoms by now don't you think?

Besides, this wasn't even an issue until you were triggered by reading an article!

Positive thoughts

Jackrabbit
07-07-17, 19:37
gonorrhea doesn't stay dormant for that long. You don't have it.

Sambapati85
07-07-17, 20:00
Thanks guys , I appreciate the advice . I guess testing would give into the anxiety and be bad ? I should just carry on with life ?

I am very grateful for your advice

Jackrabbit
07-07-17, 21:53
Thanks guys , I appreciate the advice . I guess testing would give into the anxiety and be bad ? I should just carry on with life ?

I am very grateful for your advice

Testing would just be a straight up waste of time but its up to you. It may make you feel better may not. I would definitely seek psychiatric help for your anxiety.