PDA

View Full Version : Lymph Nodes, Can't See Therapist

incunables
07-07-17, 17:59
So I was making some amount of progress on my HA with a counselor at a low cost clinic in town (I'm looking for a job and so don't have insurance). Unfortunately, with how things could go down with the US's new 'health care' bill, it's a dangerous time to be diagnosed with anything because it could be considered a preexisting condition for when I do get insurance. This means I'm left to deal with this alone.

I've had two swollen lymph nodes on my neck for over a month and a half now. They kind of ache and my neck and jaw is kind of sore and throb-y, but they're admittedly tiny. If I crane my neck you can see them a little if you know what you're looking for, sort of thing. That's probably the good news. A few weeks ago, I got a cat bite that later became infected and I had to go to the doctor to have everything cleaned out and was put on two different antibiotics. Now I have a third slightly swollen lymph node, also in my neck and on the same side as the other two. This is what concerns me. It seems that antibiotics should have taken care of this, but pretty clearly didn't. Does anyone have any thoughts? It's expensive to go to the doctor here, and I don't want to unless there's a reason to. Intellectually I know that lymphoma grows really quickly and I'd probably be pretty sick right now, but I have HA so that's of limited comfort. I'd be grateful for any advice or ideas.

Thelegend27
08-07-17, 05:28
I've had 4 palpable nodes for nearly a year now, 2 on each side of my neck about 3 fingers width from the collar bone, I had a cbc and ultrasound which turned out good. My nodes were 1cm-1.9cm and still didn't concern the doctors. I wouldn't become obsessed with these nodes, don't poke them, give them time to recover. Also there is doctors who help low income or even no income patients get medical treatment, I lost my job to ha, and I found a doctors office who will see me for a $20 payment and that's it, and if you need any scans or treatment they'll pay for it, my sister had mild dysplasia of the cervix and they payed to have the scans and treatment and she got rid of it. Look into it and find a place like it. I don't know what they called these types of places, but one year we took a trip to Alabama and while we were there my brother seen a doctor at a clinic named Maude Whatley Health Services and he didn't have to have insurance just a payment of $30 and they also had dentists.