PDA

View Full Version : Pain under right jaw/ apparently swollen nodes.

Mav
07-07-17, 22:55
It's me again. I've been doing well recently until the other day when I got my braces (only on my top teeth) wire changed and it was left too long and sharp and it cut into my skin and made my right cheek sore.

Last night I noticed my lower right jaw was hurting and had been tender all day.

I went back to the orthodontist today to get my wire cut and told her about my tender lower right jaw. I asked if it could be related, she said it's unlikely. She felt the area and said the side was a bit swollen. She said I might have a cold coming on but it doesn't seem like anything to worry about.

but regardless, it has made me feel worry. I just don't want it to be anything sinister, I haven't had a proper symptom anxety (apart from a dark spot on my toenail) for awhile now after the whole lymphnode worry frenzy. I just feel like the tender swollen node (which I can't properly feel myself) in my lower jaw are making the anxiety come up from the surface.

I'm proud of myself because I'm not really obsessing over it right now, but it's making me slightly worried. Does anyone have some helpful words.

Pepperpot
07-07-17, 23:03
Your lymph nodes will swell up in the region of the injury/pain. In your case, your jaw. I had a cyst on my cheek which got infected, and in turn the lymph node swelled up behind my ear. Also, lymph node swelling that is painless is worrying - tender ones are not. x

Mav
08-07-17, 00:08
Your lymph nodes will swell up in the region of the injury/pain. In your case, your jaw. I had a cyst on my cheek which got infected, and in turn the lymph node swelled up behind my ear. Also, lymph node swelling that is painless is worrying - tender ones are not. x

I guess you're right, I've heard tenderness is associated with much less sinister conclusions. I feel silly for worrying myself again, I just want the tenderness to go :(