PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety is back

Sweetie88
08-07-17, 04:45
Hello I'm new to this forum. I found it googling for help on anxiety!

I'm 29 and I've suffered with healthy anxiety since 16 after my first panic attack. I had therapy and was officially diagnosed with it and after so many sessions I was panic attack free and was in control of my health anxiety.

Suddenly since the past week I've had horrible anxiety. I had a really bad hangover which triggered it and ruined the rest of my holiday. I've completely lost my appetite, have constant shakes and nausea and light heads etc now for the past 5 days. I avoided alcohol through the whole holiday and got back home today. I felt comfortable and had the urge to eat food again and had 2/3 drinks with it. Got home watched a movie etc. I thought it was gone. I have slept for 3/4 hours and have suddenly woken up feeling so anxious that I'm going to die as I'm so nauseated and going to the loo with that churning feeling in my stomach. I'm devastated it's back and I don't want it to get worse as the last time I had it so bad I had to go back home for a month and quit my job. If anyone could recommend anything to help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Even reading through other people's threads since finding the site and knowing I'm not alone with this type of anxiety has made me feel better!

jayware33
08-07-17, 06:09
Hey, thanks for sharing.

Is there anything specific that is worrying you? What are you afraid might happen? You mention feeling sick and needing the loo, however; what are you fearing from that?

3 drinks with dinner? I would feel sick too lol.

Sweetie88
08-07-17, 07:41
Thank you for your reply! Much appreciated. Nothing specific. Although I've suffered heart burn and night sweats for the past month but I thought it was due to london being extremely hot and bad humidity. Now that I've been feeling so sick I'm not sure if it's an underlying illness and I'm dying (as us health anxiety victims think, the worst) or just the fact I've had the worry and stress of being anxious for the past week that the physical symptoms have completely taken over my body?

dobbiemaster
08-07-17, 11:42
just keep telling yourself its anxiety... everything you described is anxiety related iv had them myself and they can last for aaaaaages unless you try and control it. cbt helped me short term anyway but its always something else comes along lol

Sweetie88
08-07-17, 14:55
just keep telling yourself its anxiety... everything you described is anxiety related iv had them myself and they can last for aaaaaages unless you try and control it. cbt helped me short term anyway but its always something else comes along lol

I tried cbt and it done nothing for me. It was basically everything I knew about anxiety already. I know people are different and different things work with different people. I keep telling myself it's anxiety but today I'm bed ridden after a week of severe anxiety and just feeling sick and weak and not much sleep. I've even gave up concert tickets for tonight as I feel so bad.

NervUs
08-07-17, 15:24
I tried cbt and it done nothing for me. It was basically everything I knew about anxiety already. I know people are different and different things work with different people. I keep telling myself it's anxiety but today I'm bed ridden after a week of severe anxiety and just feeling sick and weak and not much sleep. I've even gave up concert tickets for tonight as I feel so bad.

JUst get out of bed, even if you don't want to. Fake it til you make it. Staying in bed, giving up the concert- that is giving into the HA, and that will prolong it!

Sweetie88
08-07-17, 16:14
JUst get out of bed, even if you don't want to. Fake it til you make it. Staying in bed, giving up the concert- that is giving into the HA, and that will prolong it!

You're exactly correct but I did that during my holiday and I just got back home yesterday so I thought a day of rest might help me. I've felt so out of touch and hazy also which isn't helping so I didn't want to go to the concert incase I got too anxious and needed to go home so didn't want to ruin it for everyone else. I've another concert to go to tomorrow so I am going to push myself to that. I start back st work on Monday so I'm hoping this constant nausea and sick feeling of heartburn and overall anxiety is gone or at least eased. I think I'm going to get some therapy again as it worked for me the last time. :unsure:

stressedanxious
09-07-17, 03:24
I feel like this too!!
I feel nauseous and I like weird.

I wonder why?

eros38
09-07-17, 03:39
My HA is back tonight. It's 3.33am and I haven't slept. Had palps today and have had chest pains on and off for the last few hours.

---------- Post added at 03:34 ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 ----------

:bighug1:
You're exactly correct but I did that during my holiday and I just got back home yesterday so I thought a day of rest might help me. I've felt so out of touch and hazy also which isn't helping so I didn't want to go to the concert incase I got too anxious and needed to go home so didn't want to ruin it for everyone else. I've another concert to go to tomorrow so I am going to push myself to that. I start back st work on Monday so I'm hoping this constant nausea and sick feeling of heartburn and overall anxiety is gone or at least eased. I think I'm going to get some therapy again as it worked for me the last time. :unsure:

---------- Post added at 03:39 ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 ----------

The feeling weird and out of it sound very much like depersonalization which is a totally normal and even healthy thing that our brain does when we are very anxious. It feels really rubbish though.
Have you tried breathing exercises? Belly breathing is something I swear by to help calm my panic attack.