PDA

View Full Version : Small bump in ear

nhelen79
08-07-17, 16:27
Hi everyone
I'm back again. I was doing well :(
By accident I felt a small bump in my ear last Monday. It feel soft like just the skin swollen up. It was little bit painful. The next day the pain gone but the spot still there, not itchy. I can't see it. It still feel like skin swollen up with air or something soft underneath. Doesn't feel like a cyst. I waited for a week and caved in and went to the GP because I keep on feeling it and probably irritated it. She looked and said it looks like a bug bite if it is anywhere else on your body, about 2mm. She asked if I went hiking which I did the day before I discovered the bump.

She told me to put on cream and see if it goes away in 2 weeks. If not I need to go to dermatologist because it is on the skin not underneath. My mind started clinging on the what if now. Shall I wait that long? I'm afraid it's skin cancer but it doesn't bleed, ooze or itchy. I'm feeling like a dumpster fire for the next 2 weeks now.

Sweetie88
08-07-17, 16:45
Hi everyone
I'm back again. I was doing well :(
By accident I felt a small bump in my ear last Monday. It feel soft like just the skin swollen up. It was little bit painful. The next day the pain gone but the spot still there, not itchy. I can't see it. It still feel like skin swollen up with air or something soft underneath. Doesn't feel like a cyst. I waited for a week and caved in and went to the GP because I keep on feeling it and probably irritated it. She looked and said it looks like a bug bite if it is anywhere else on your body, about 2mm. She asked if I went hiking which I did the day before I discovered the bump.

She told me to put on cream and see if it goes away in 2 weeks. If not I need to go to dermatologist because it is on the skin not underneath. My mind started clinging on the what if now. Shall I wait that long? I'm afraid it's skin cancer but it doesn't bleed, ooze or itchy. I'm feeling like a dumpster fire for the next 2 weeks now.

Hi! I know the feeling but what you've explained really does sound like a bug bite. I would wait a week if you can't put out for two. Most bug bites go away after a few days especially if treated with some form of cream.if it was skin cancer the doctor would have referred you straight away. Try not to worry as it's more than likely nothing serious.

nhelen79
08-07-17, 17:47
Thanks Sweetie88. Why do we always have something going on? It's like a continuous cycle. It's hard not to feel the bump to avoid irritating it. Your logic is right because she doesn't refer me right away. Maybe it's some sort of skin irritation. Going to dermatologist doesn't mean skin cancer right ?