PDA

View Full Version : Question about meeting up

Under~The~Stars
12-05-07, 21:51
Hi all,

I have been talking to another member on here, and we are quite determined to get a meet up arranged, however just wanted some advice from people who have already met up. What sort of things can you do etc? How do you go about setting it up, as I don't think either of us are really very sure?

Would be good to get one set up though,

Lou xxx

nomorepanic
12-05-07, 22:30
Louise

The most successful meetups have been when someone takes control of the whole event.

You have to co-ordinate members and tell them where and when and what time and what the day will entail.

People tend to like a place where they can walk around, get food, not feel shut in and have something to do.

The best places are a park or at least somewhere people know they can get fresh air, food, drinks and not feel shut in.

The Alton Towers ones were good.

Make it clear where the venue is, what the facilities are like and things like - nearest bus stop, train station, costs of getting into the venue. Sometimes cost is the issue so the Alton Towers meet-ups, for example, were quite expensive.

Above all make it a central place so people feel that they can leave if they need to, doesn't cost too much and is a fun day out.

Good luck!

clickaway
13-05-07, 00:36
I'd add the following points:-

Be familiar with the venue - try and get there yourself well before the event.
You can get someone else to help you organise, but ensure there is a clear leader otherwise there is a danger of misunderstandings.

Whilst people will want fresh air, they will also need cover in case it rains! Arrange your rendezvous under cover and be precise - remember there may be more than one cafe in some open spaces such as Alton Towers or Kew Gardens.

Choose a place that is safe - even more important if only a handful are meeting up.

Make sure you post on the meet-up thread as much as possible to keep up the interest and encourage more people to attend.

Under~The~Stars
13-05-07, 19:50
Thanks for the advice Nic and Ray, much appreciated :)

Lou xxx