PDA

View Full Version : Worried about lymph nodes and itchy red patchs

mdel
08-07-17, 17:04
Hi, it's me again. I've had several lymph nodes in my neck for over 4 years now (close to 5 already). I've told you that it's not my only symphtom. Sometimes I have red patches on my legs (usually close to my feet, but sometimes I have some close to my knees).
I've taken photos so you can see I'm not over reacting, the symphtoms are real.
Usually when I have this kind of patches, they dissapear after 2 weeks or something but they are SUPER itchy and I usually hurt it so they take more time to heal. I find it weird that they usually appear in groups of 2, 3 or 4. I've never had 1 alone.
I also remember one being veeeery large (like 4 cm) but it also dissapeared after 1 week.

I'm anxious because I'm trying to find any relation within all the symphtoms I have, and after watching videos of people who got diagnosed with Lymphoma, all the symphtoms sound the same as mine. I always feel like I'm allergic, I usually have mucus and I sneeze, sometimes I feel cold like suddenly. I have also like tiny red dots on my skin (usually on my chest and back), I feel tired (idk if it's because I don't do any sports, but I feel comfortable only when I'm at home), my neck usually hurt, I'm never hungry but I eat anyway to have energy for the day).

And well all the symphtoms I mentioned plus my several lymph nodes in neck that feel tender and movable, and when I say several I mean more than I can count (probably around 8 or something that are around 0.4-1.2cm and 1 of them is very short (I'd say 3-4mm and is behind my shoulder blade which is a very weird place for a lymph node).

Finally I'd like to say I'm not convinced about the methods my doctors used to diagnose me. It's like they only care about strong symphtoms and big lymph nodes, but they didn't care that I have a lot of lymph nodes enlarged instead of just 1 or 2 big ones. They only performed me an ultrasound and several blood tests and didn't find anything interesting (the doctor who made me the ultrasound showed me there was a lymph node about 1.2cm with benign properties. Anyway isn't it that any 1cm+ lymph node should be biopsied?). They never told me about "watch and wait", it's like they don't want to see me anymore. I know they are professionals, but what if they are wrong? I've never seen a person having that amount of reactive lymph nodes without a bad diagnosys.

Ok sorry for writting too much, I'll post the pictures of my red patches. Thank you for your support always, I hope I don't scare anyone too much. Anyway don't be afraid of my feet or hands I'm naturally skinny (I weight around 130 lbs and my height is 5' 7).

http://i67.tinypic.com/2h329si.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/2ius278.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/2w2jvqd.jpg

Fishmanpa
08-07-17, 18:12
Looks like bug bites and you stated you have pets so....

As far as the lymph nodes? I've already weighed in on that subject several times.

Positive thoughts

NancyW
08-07-17, 18:33
Please don't be offended, check your bed and couches for bed bugs.

mdel
08-07-17, 18:57
Thank you Fish and Nancy, by the way, do you think looking for reassurance meeting my hematologist again is a good idea? I want to leave this anxiety away for at least some months, because I managed to have an interview and I got a new job. I can't be anxious.

Worrywart1234
09-07-17, 06:04
I'm no doctor.....my daughter gets red patches like that on her eyelids, and on her arms and legs occasionally, at the moment she has 2 on her legs and one on her arm. For her, it's like excema - dry, itchy skin that can be a bit sore. I wonder if that's what you've got? maybe try some heavy duty moisturiser or over the counter steroid cream and see how you go.