PDA

View Full Version : Jaundice??

Health Anxiety Dad
09-07-17, 03:25
I know you're not doctors, but I still value this community's input. I would appreciate it if anyone who has had, or seen jaundice could compare their experiences to my eyes. My GP said that while ultimately unsure, she is "not satisfied" with my eyes and sent me for liver blood tests.

Thanks in advance.

heyitsmeyou
09-07-17, 09:23
Mine are like this as well. I've have lost of blood work since first noticing. My bilirubin and all other liver function test were fine :)

Health Anxiety Dad
09-07-17, 23:41
Mine are like this as well. I've have lost of blood work since first noticing. My bilirubin and all other liver function test were fine :)

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad it's potentially normal!

Pepperpot
09-07-17, 23:59
jesus mine look like that - Im worried now lol

Health Anxiety Dad
10-07-17, 04:17
jesus mine look like that - Im worried now lol

Wel, the more of us that have eyes like this, the higher chance that it is somewhat normal.

thecyberpractitioner
10-07-17, 04:26
Mate I am really feeling for you here. I've been in this position myself before and it's horrible. Please take this the right way, you have got to stop torturing yourself. Did I read a post from a couple of days ago that you'd seen your GP? Did you get your results? Noone on this forum or yourself can tell you if you have jaundice from looking at pictures of your eyes. Please trust your doctor, if there was anything serious to worry about he/she would tell you.

Health Anxiety Dad
10-07-17, 07:13
Mate I am really feeling for you here. I've been in this position myself before and it's horrible. Please take this the right way, you have got to stop torturing yourself. Did I read a post from a couple of days ago that you'd seen your GP? Did you get your results? Noone on this forum or yourself can tell you if you have jaundice from looking at pictures of your eyes. Please trust your doctor, if there was anything serious to worry about he/she would tell you.

She saw me and said she wasn't satisfied with my eyes and ordered bilirubin testing.

Pepperpot
10-07-17, 20:53
I think that when you say to someone things like "are my eyes yellow", they see yellow

Health Anxiety Dad
11-07-17, 16:31
My doctor's office called and confirmed that it is jaundice and told me to get to the ER right away, as I've also been in pain for 11 days straight. Obviously I was terrified.

The ER doc retested my bilirubun and gave a long ultrasound and said he couldn't see any signs of large abnormalities.

He said he has no worries that it's pancreatic cancer (I had to ask!) because my bilirubin is already down from Friday, and that there are two kinds: Unconjugated bilirubin and conjugated. Conjugated bilirubin is pancreatic cancer bilirubin. My high levels are thankfully unconjugated bilirubin. He said I should still get investigated for my abdominal pain 100%, but that it is entirely seperate from my jaundice. He suspects the jaundice is Gilberts or Hemolysis. Tests for that to follow.

What a terrifying day that was.

paranoid-viking
03-08-17, 01:56
Threads like this are actually quite frightening. I have looked at my eyes with a flashlight and seen a slight yellowness in eye corners. Looking at threads here is not always reassuring.:scared15:

I am not really sure if NMP is the right forum to post pictures of eyes.

Cakelady
03-08-17, 13:59
Threads like this are actually quite frightening. I have looked at my eyes with a flashlight and seen a slight yellowness in eye corners. Looking at threads here is not always reassuring.:scared15:

I am not really sure if NMP is the right forum to post pictures of eyes.

Yes they can be but the op was looking for reassurance & I think nothing wrong with posting pics. Ito best not to open pics if they might aggravate your ha, I haven't looked at them because it is something that I go through phases of worrying about. To reassure you most people have a little yellow in the corner of their eyes & it is normal. Take care x