PDA

View Full Version : What symptoms has your Health Anxiety manifested? Also, any itching?

Health Anxiety Dad
09-07-17, 05:19
Hello all,

I'm currently going through a major pancreatic cancer worry right now, and I'm itchy along with abdominal pain and back pain. Currently getting tests done asap.

But here is my topic: I was wondering A: what physical symptoms have you had manifest from HA that turned out benign and B: has anyone had benign itching?

Thanks.

nervousnelly52
09-07-17, 05:28
I can't say whether these symptoms are actually caused by health anxiety or not, but here are mine:

1. Abdominal cramps.
2. Intermittent tingling everywhere. Absolutely no relation to how anxious I am at any given moment. They just happen.
3. Intense fear of death.
4. Intermittent fasciculations everywhere. These definitely get worse when I'm anxious.
5. Chronic headaches for 7 weeks (and counting!)
6. Compulsive need to seek reassurance from friends, coworkers, family, doctors, hospitals, emergency rooms. These always make me feel better briefly, then I start distrusting and doubting them.
7. Light sensitivity.
8. Two of my fingers on both hands shake when I move them.

Bianca1996
09-07-17, 10:08
I've had literally every symptom under the sun just because of anxiety. Nausea, leg pain, stomach pain that lasted a year that I thought was ovarian cancer, itching, tender spots on skin, dizziness, chest pain, weird heartbeat, night sweats, fever, hand tremors, overactive bladder, you name it, I've had it. Anxiety is a b**** and it can do anything to you. Try not to worry.

Health Anxiety Dad
09-07-17, 23:44
I've had literally every symptom under the sun just because of anxiety. Nausea, leg pain, stomach pain that lasted a year that I thought was ovarian cancer, itching, tender spots on skin, dizziness, chest pain, weird heartbeat, night sweats, fever, hand tremors, overactive bladder, you name it, I've had it. Anxiety is a b**** and it can do anything to you. Try not to worry.

I'm both sorry to hear you've gone through this, but also in a way relieved to hear anxiety can cause all of the above. You're using your horrid experiences to help others, which is admirable. :yesyes:

ScaredLizard
09-07-17, 23:54
My anxiety frequently makes me have to use the loo, makes me itchy, tired, in pain, dizzy, chest pain, all that stuff

Jackrabbit
10-07-17, 00:44
Dizziness, headaches sometimes, stomach issues, intense paranoia, muscle aches...

Kaelon
10-07-17, 01:22
Muscle twitching
Headaches
Muscles aches
Double vision
Memory loss
Trouble remembering words
Fear, depression, social anxiety

Those last ones are the worst, 90% of the year I'm a high functioning professional working in a field I love in a very high stress environment (which I also love) however when I have an attack I cannot function at all.

Ryzinn
10-07-17, 02:10
Did you guys get these symptoms (like dizziness and tingling) even when you weren't anxious?

NervUs
10-07-17, 02:37
Dizziness, brain fog, headaches, tooth aches (from clenching), pain in the bones (esp in areas where I assume cancer metastasizes), gastrointestinal, palpitations, probably lots more.

nervousnelly52
10-07-17, 03:19
(esp in areas where I assume cancer metastasizes)
haha, likewise

Canada67080
10-07-17, 04:32
Headaches
Muscle tension (lower back especially)
overactive bladder
IBS/Colon cramps
Muscle twitches
Insomnia
Heart burn
Appetite changes (feelings of extreme hunger or no appetite at all)
Night sweats
Odd chest sensations
Ear ringing
Palpitations/skipped beats
Obsessive thoughts
Feel like room/floor is moving
Light headed at times.
etc etc etc :mad:

Ben1989
10-07-17, 10:02
Blurred vision
Dizziness (light-headed/fogginess)
Difficulty remembering things
Muscle weakness
Muscle tiredness
Light flashes appearing in my vision
Ears ringing
Bad diarrhoea
Pins and needles everywhere
Severe ALS worry and continuing MS worry

Anxiety is a b****. It took me a long time to accept that it can really cause physical symptoms

NervUs
10-07-17, 14:31
Thought of more- acne/ bumps, high blood pressure, and weight loss. At least the last one serves a purpose, lol

Fishmanpa
10-07-17, 15:14
There have been numerous threads on this subject through the years. Personally, I just think they put your focus in the wrong place but that's me...
Everyone here has had or has one or more anxiety related physical and psychological symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms). There are more extensive lists (http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml) as well. The well being of our minds directly relates to physical well being. Just like treating a physical illness and symptoms, treating a mental illness also treats the symptoms associated with it.

Positive thoughts

Ben1989
10-07-17, 16:43
I, personally, find this thread beneficial. Not only does it make you realise somebody else has had the same there is actually an identity to the lists rather than a clinical list from a website

Fishmanpa
10-07-17, 16:45
I, personally, find this thread beneficial. Not only does it make you realise somebody else has had the same there is actually an identity to the lists rather than a clinical list from a website

The search function here does the same thing ;)

Positive thoughts

Pea Tear Griffin
10-07-17, 23:29
I am worried about having heart failure right now because the top of my stomach is a little puffy.