PDA

View Full Version : Could use hugs, this has been the worst week of my life

aymia
09-07-17, 14:56
Hi all, could do with hugs/love/support. This has been the worst week of my life. It's my time of the month but it's really ramped up on how awful it is. I've had an upset stomach, nausea and painful cramping all week. I've also constantly been hungry, unable to sleep because of it and had terrible intense panic attacks that last for hours. I'm very exhausted and haven't been able to do a thing about it. I've spent most of my time panicking, crying, desperately trying to eat enough and sitting on the toilet. I'm waiting for it to be all over but until then!

vicky23
09-07-17, 16:58
Poor thing I'm sorry you're suffering so much.
No wonder you're exhausted when your body is going through so much, I would suggest resting as much as you can with a hot water bottle and some herbal tea. I found chamomile/peppermint and ginger to be effective in helping to calm stomach pain.
With regards eating I know how hard that can be! I would just nibble on things like jacobs crackers and dry toast, maybe a mashed ripe banana until your stomach has calmed down.
I really hope you feel a lot better very soon :hugs:

Bee84
09-07-17, 17:20
I'm sorry you're in such pain :hugs: calcium and magnesium helped me immensely. I know vits and minerals can get a bad rep but I say nothing wrong in using them if you're desperate even if it is all placebo. Cutting out or reducing sugar helps greatly too. Dairy is a culprit loaded with sugar. This is a good source of information on pains http://www.marilynglenville.com/womens-health-issues/painful-periods/

There's no way in the universe that period pain is just a normal part of being a woman. I know as I actually used to believe all that b.s. There's no shame in seeking help/a solution for it! Maybe you want to make an appointment for an ultrasound scan through your GP?

snowghost57
09-07-17, 17:24
If you can try and get outside and walk in pretty garden of flowers. I find my panic is better if I get out. Also walking will help ease physical pain.

aymia
09-07-17, 20:12
Thanks all :) I have been drinking peppermint and ginger tea like crazy and it's far too hot to use my hot water bottle :( eating has been so hard! The only thing I can really get down is chicken soup! I will make my doctors appointment this week and I have a blood test due so fingers crossed!

Bee84
09-07-17, 21:03
That's great to hear aymia :D

Zoeboey12
10-07-17, 10:48
Do you suffer from IBS? Sounds exactly like me when my IBS starts to flare up x

aymia
10-07-17, 18:50
Do you suffer from IBS? Sounds exactly like me when my IBS starts to flare up x

I'm not sure yet but the doctor did have a hunch it was IBS. The blood test is to rule everything out first.

welshgirl in crewe
10-07-17, 22:52
Its my time too don't usually suffer but get migraines, was bad friday and travelled to wales only to tell my partner to pull over quick was sick on journey, hope you are feeling better by now x fresh air always helps x ((hugs)))

EKB
10-07-17, 23:32
*Hugs* to you. I'm also having a rough patch and PMS isn't helping. Best of luck riding the wave. Our bodies can be really hard on us.