PDA

View Full Version : Convinced I am in trouble

ShaunRyder
09-07-17, 15:04
My anixety was first brung on 5 years ago when I was charged for assault where I was wrongfully accused of hitting someone, 2 years down the line I was found not guilty, thats when my HA started then about 2 years ago I now seemed to convinced whatever I do it is something bad and I will be arrested.

Today, I was on an online game talking to other users and one user was saying how there dad left them when they were younger. I then said ''It was not your fault what your dad done to you'' meaning it was not his fault his dad walked out. Another user who was trolling started saying ''eewwww why you all talking about child abuse'' A few mins later a pop up came up saying ''Hello, remember if you or anyone you know is in danger please feel free to read our safety guidelines''. Now I am convinced I have broken the law and the police are tracking me thinking my comment was about something I did and think I have hurt someone in some way!!

This is the 3rd time this has happened this week. Firstly was Friday, I went to see a mate and his cousin was there and he is someone who is always in trouble. My mate and cousin went out drinking and I went home but was convinced if they got in trouble I would of been done too cause I was with them earlier. Then yesterday another incident and I was convinced the police will come and get me. This is has been only a few on MANY things over the past 2 years.

Did I do anything wrong today? I am so scared. So worried I am thinking of getting rid of my laptop and xbox so this thing cannot happen again. I feel such a mess at the moment!

Shezney
09-07-17, 15:58
You haven't done anything wrong, if youd said something wrong you probably would have been banned from xbox live or whatever you were on

ShaunRyder
09-07-17, 15:59
You haven't done anything wrong, if youd said something wrong you probably would have been banned from xbox live or whatever you were on

Thats what I keep saying to myself, nothing happened. I just can't stop my Anixety over things like this.

Shezney
09-07-17, 16:01
I know im the same but youve got to try and believe it and rationalize it

ShaunRyder
09-07-17, 17:49
I do try, but sometimes it gets so bad it takes over my whole life where I call in sick at work and just stay in bed because I am convinced I am in trouble! For example, there was a bomb scare where i live and I walked through the exact same bit it happened on my home from like 10 minutes before it happened and I was worried for weeks that they would have seen me on cctv and thought it was me even though I was just walking home from work.

Pepperpot
09-07-17, 23:41
Aw bless you, I really feel for you cos the stress of thinking you have done something wrong must be unbearable.
For the record, no you haven't done anything wrong today. And you are right - the dude was trolling. It is him who is at fault. And Xbox won't ban you unless you've been trash talking, and believe me they give you a fair few warnings first (hubby has been banned). Have you been to the doc for some tablets to calm you down, like propanolol or some antidepressants cos you really cannot carry on like this x

MyNameIsTerry
10-07-17, 05:26
That pop up was probably because they have a program picking up words like abuse, child abuse, etc so that troll is the likely trigger for it.

You haven't done anything wrong. If you wanted to find out more you could always ask the mods why that happened.

It's just some paranoia. I remember when you were assaulted you worried about the come back from reporting it to the police.

Try not to respond to these types of thoughts with negative reactions. Try to accept them as just the mind working through possibilities which include the rare or impossible.

ShaunRyder
10-07-17, 13:58
That pop up was probably because they have a program picking up words like abuse, child abuse, etc so that troll is the likely trigger for it.

You haven't done anything wrong. If you wanted to find out more you could always ask the mods why that happened.

It's just some paranoia. I remember when you were assaulted you worried about the come back from reporting it to the police.

Try not to respond to these types of thoughts with negative reactions. Try to accept them as just the mind working through possibilities which include the rare or impossible.

Hey thanks for the reply, yes when I was assaulted was the worst and it took weeks to get over the fear that I done nothing wrong.

I did log on again last night and there is an option to check if you have been reported/sanctioned and mine said mine was 100% clean record so like you said could of just been pop up triggered by key words. If I was in trouble there would of been a report on me I guess and not say clean record. Still a bit worried but I know its my anixety and just going to do my best to try and stop it getting to me.