PDA

View Full Version : Scared of immanent heart attack

lelespears
09-07-17, 19:46
I'm 34 and keep getting weird pains from my shoulders and into my chest but feels like it's my bones in my chest.. Ive convinced myself it's coming from my heart and I'm scared it's going to stop.

jayware33
09-07-17, 19:51
Hey,

What's your history? Any tests, family history or other info that might help us? How lon has this been a problem for? Have you had other issues with anxiety or always about your heart?

The fact your still typing here is a good sign :-p

lelespears
09-07-17, 19:54
I have family history of heart disease. Haven't had any tests it's just started recently.

jayware33
09-07-17, 20:12
Who in your family has heart disease and how old were they when they got it?

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

I'm 34 and keep getting weird pains from my shoulders and into my chest but feels like it's my bones in my chest.. Ive convinced myself it's coming from my heart and I'm scared it's going to stop.

I've seen that over the years you've posted similar things about palpitations and arm pain. I don't think us posting here or me trying to reassure you will help. I think you need to either accept it or go and see a doctor about it.
You're young and it's unlikely anything is going on, however; with a family history (confirmed) it's important to get checked over. It will put your mind at rest.

Fishmanpa
09-07-17, 20:15
My experience was that the pain started deep in my chest and later radiated out to my left armpit and down my arm rendering it practically useless.... I wasn't wondering if something was wrong... something was definitely wrong and there was no mistaking it!

You have an extensive history of ailments that turned out not to be sinister so I'm inclined to think this is too. That, and the fact you're typing here and waiting for reassurance is an indication that it's not as serious as you think it is. But as always, we're not doctors so if you really are feeling that bad, make a call and get checked out.

Positive thoughts

lelespears
09-07-17, 20:49
Was my grand father and his 3 brothers. I'm just scared I'm going to drop down dead. What if it's a blocked valve or heart disease etc

jayware33
09-07-17, 21:20
Was my grand father and his 3 brothers. I'm just scared I'm going to drop down dead. What if it's a blocked valve or heart disease etc

That's not considered family history. Your dad before age 55, your mother before age 65 or any siblings with heart disease counts as family history, so you can maybe relax a bit more now? You can research this fact too as reputable sites such as British heart foundation.

You're fine, :-). It's been years you've been posting similar things and nothing bad has happened? Your GP should also help reassure you.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

Family risk found here:

https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/risk-factors/family-history

lelespears
09-07-17, 21:27
Thank you Jay, I hope so. X

jayware33
09-07-17, 21:32
Thank you Jay, I hope so. X

You will be :-). Remember, as you worry and stress over these things, you're intercostal muscles around your ribs will be tight and tense. I'm not surprised you're getting pain.

Relax, enjoy your life while you're young and healthy. Let me know if you need any more help, you can always message too if you prefer.

lelespears
09-07-17, 22:06
Thanks a lot 🤗

I may try a massage and see if that helps too. Also have thyroid disease and worry sometimes that it's actually thyroid cancer that's spread into my bones