PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 increasing from 10mg to 20mg - nausea!!

Aejh91
10-07-17, 11:45
So im on day 2 and I feel so sick, like a horriblw hangover!!
Is this usual?
Sorry I post alot, i dont have much home support to talk too! Xx

shiznit76
10-07-17, 12:04
yeah, can be, SSRI's can always be like that when increasing dose, thankfully, it normally passes within a few days

Aejh91
10-07-17, 12:09
Eurgh thank god! Its really not very nice at all :scared15:

panic_down_under
10-07-17, 12:30
Ginger and/or vitamin B6 supplements may help with nausea

Aejh91
10-07-17, 13:42
Thanks guys! Just sat and feeling flat and low now, have no energy to do anything and could just sleep! Sometimes I was okay on 10mg and other times I wasnt so I decided to go to the doctor and they advised me to go on 20. Guess im paranoid I dont need the 20!!

shiznit76
10-07-17, 14:47
it can take time for any noticeable difference, if any, but the side effects of upping the dose should pass

panic_down_under
10-07-17, 22:34
Sometimes I was okay on 10mg and other times I wasnt so I decided to go to the doctor and they advised me to go on 20. Guess im paranoid I dont need the 20!!

20mg is considered the minimum adult therapeutic dose so you should have been on it since the second week. There are potential issues with remaining on sub therapeutic doses for long periods and it is better to be on a little more than is needed than not enough. Any excess just ends up down the 'S' bend anyway.

Aejh91
11-07-17, 15:50
It was the doctors negligence! Im worried, what do you mean panic down under? I have no anxiety just feel flat snd in a bad mood. Was still getting occasional anxiety so it was upped! How long until i stop feeling flat as i didnt feel like that before? Sickness is better today.

panic_down_under
11-07-17, 22:52
It was the doctors negligence!

Perhaps he had a reason, though I can't think of why 10mg would be considered a reasonable dose for an otherwise healthy adult. It usually doesn't even need to be reduced for the elderly, or those with liver disease.

How long until i stop feeling flat as i didnt feel like that before? Sickness is better today.

I can't say how long that will last, anywhere from a couple of days to some weeks. There are just too much individual variation. :unsure: