PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Like Spot on Skin

THoltz
10-07-17, 12:06
Hello everyone

I have a question regarding a spot on my hand I noticed. It's not a mole but it looks like a splinter embedded under the skin. It doesn't hurt or anything. I showed it to someone and they didn't think it was a splinter. They thought it might be dirt or something that got under the skin. It was at the beach recently so I don't know if that is relevant information.

I've attached some pics.

What does everyone think?

Pepperpot
10-07-17, 20:49
Looks like a mini bruise to me - like you have caught it on something

Mello
11-07-17, 08:19
Keep us updated if you get it checked. I have something similar on my arm which I only noticed when I got tattooed. No idea how long I have had it but I don't think it has changed since I noticed it 3 months ago at the start of a bad anxiety cycle, so figured my fixations are anxiety based.

THoltz
22-07-17, 15:39
Hello,

The spot has not changed at all. And it doesn't hurt at all. I think it's a mini bruise of some sort. I remember hitting something with that hand. I still have this underlying fear of something bad happening

THoltz
06-10-17, 01:21
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone else have an opinion as to what this is? It's small and bluish. It hasn't changed in terms of size and there is no pain.
I see a dermatologist next week but for something else. I will be sure to bring this up.

Fishmanpa
06-10-17, 01:25
No opinion but being that it's not changed since May, I believe it will prove to be nothing.

Positive thoughts

heyitsmeyou
06-10-17, 12:08
I have the same thing on my thumb above the nail. It’s been the many years and has not changed a bit. :)

JoanB
06-10-17, 21:24
Same thing here, but it's never changed so don't worry about it!